Running academic version in 64 bit mode [SOLVED]

jamesworks

I'm trying to run in 64, but there is no option in the info box for me, only 'Open using Rosetta' and 'Locked' which is greyed out. I've got the academic version of Logic 9, just wondering if they skimped me there or if there is a way to put it in high gear? From what I've read only 4gb's of ram will be utilized in 32 bit mode, is this correct? Any help is appreciated.

You are not running Logic 9.1.x but an earlier version that does not have 64bit capability Update Logic 9 to a version higher than 9.1.0 ( The current version is 9.1.8 ) to enable 64bit capability

When running Logic in 64bit mode any memory over and above the 4GB limit will be used by Logic as and when needed.

When running Logic in 32bit mode, it cannot access any memory above the 4GB limit. However, some plugins, such as EXS24 can use any extra memory over and above the 4GB limit via it's own memory server as can Kontakt too when it's own memory server is enabled.

Edited by n6smith

Ahh, I've been avoiding the update but am doing it now. I was getting the memory messages and saw your response to someone else mentioning the same thing. I thought it was kontakt bogging me down because I didn't activate it's memory you mentioned but realized I need 64 bit to really use what I have. Many thanks. I won't need to activate these memory servers now if I'm running 64 bit right?