Mouse Single Left-Click not registering [SOLVED]

bletty

When I do a normal single left-click on the mouse, sometimes the computer recognizes it, and sometimes it doesn't. For instance, when I click on an insert on a channel strip, sometimes the drop-down menu appears and sometimes it doesn't. I've discovered that when a click isn't recognized, I can hit the control key on the keyboard, and the next click is usually recognized for some reason. I have tried several different keyboards and mouses, and the problem persists. About 1 in 10 clicks is not registering. This is a systemwide problem (not just logic, but it annoys me most in logic). I am the 3rd owner of the computer, and it has had this same problem for as long as I can remember. Searched many forums but nobody really knows. Any thoughts on the cause?

I think you are experiencing how logic reacts to short and long clicks in different circumstances.

Try this:

Create a new track and insert a compressor plug-in by left clicking on an empty slot and choosing the desired compressor.

Now you want to change that plug-in to a different one.

If you just simply click on the compressor slot it will not register at all, this is a safety measure so that you don't accidentally change the plug-in. Instead try clicking on the compressor slot for half a second or so to reveal the plug-in drop-down menu.

Hope this helps.

Or as I stated above... A simple long - click, about 0.5 - 1 s should do it.

Sorry yes, that's what I meant - rather than just a quick click, you kinda click but hold. You can either continue to hold the button throughout navigating the menu, or you can release the click. So what you described as a "long click" was what I was also describing as "click-hold".

Or as I stated above... A simple long - click, about 0.5 - 1 s should do it.

Sorry yes, that's what I meant - rather than just a quick click, you kinda click but hold. You can either continue to hold the button throughout navigating the menu, or you can release the click. So what you described as a "long click" was what I was also describing as "click-hold".

Ah... Great Minds bla bla bla... :D

For me click and hold is clicking and holding wile navigating, then letting go when you have selected the item you wanted in the list.

For me click and hold is clicking and holding wile navigating, then letting go when you have selected the item you wanted in the list.

But even that's unnecessary. You click until the list pops up, navigate to the desired item (without holding anything), then click again to make a selection. :D

I'm a bit surprised you didn't know this...?

J.

But even that's unnecessary. You click until the list pops up, navigate to the desired item (without holding anything), then click again to make a selection. :D

I'm a bit surprised you didn't know this...?

J.

???

This is exactly what I've been trying to say.

LONG - CLICK!!!

It was beej that suggested click and hold.

:evil: :D

Haha well I'm sorry I sent you all off on a tangent... I guess clicking on insert was a bad example (on my current setup actually, the menu pops out with either a single click or a click-hold). I've resolved the issue: my mouse "double click speed" was set to the slowest in System Preferences. I set it to the fastest, and of course everything works normal. Silly me, thanks for the help all!