Logic Pro 9 wont open in 32 bit on my macbook

BredeK

I know this is a question many people have asked, but mine has a little twist. You see I can't get Logic to open in 32 bit mode on my late 2009 Macbook, but on my iMac it works out just fine! They both have Mountain Lion so at first I thought that was where the problem was, but when it works on one computer it should work on both. Im sick of the 32-unit Bridge so please help as fast as possible! Thank you in advance!

right after the "welcome window thing" says Checking Midi Drivers

But.. you just said:

Can you open Logic while holding down the Option key?
Yes i can actually, but when i try opening a project it crashes.

So when trying to create a new Empty Project from the New Project dialog, do you still crash? At what point exactly?

sorry for the confusion! but when i open logic while holding option key i can open it, but not a project from the new project dialog. It just opens logic and i can access preferences, au manager and so on! What i meant by the "right after checking midi drivers" thing was that it crashes after that when im not holding in the option key. But if i hold down the option key and select new project nothing happens for a few seconds and then the flash comes along with the "saving" bar.

Thank you for all your help btw!

if i hold down the option key and select new project nothing happens for a few seconds and then the flash comes along with the "saving" bar.

Ok. I'm still unclear as far as WHEN exactly you get that few seconds wait and saving bar: is it when you choose File > New? Or do you get a chance to get the new templates dialog, but then the issue is when you click on "Empty Project"?

Also, any chance you could post a screenshot of that saving bar?

The funny thing is, Logic should not have anything to save after clicking "Empty Project"... so I'm not sure exactly what Logic is trying to save. :shock:

OK kind of a shot in the dark but have you tried trashing your Logic preferences?

1) Quit Logic.

2) Hold Option as you click the Go menu in the Finder and choose Library/Preferences/

3) Find com.apple.logic.pro.plist and drag it to the desktop.

4) Reopen Logic.

If that didn't help, quit Logic and place the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file back in the Preferences folder.

Another thing I would try is to temporarily remove all your AU plug-ins from their two component folders:

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

and

Your-user-name//Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (hold Option as you click the Go menu in the Finder to access your user library, then audio, plug-ins, components).

Move them somewhere safe (I create an "Unused components" folder at the same hierarchy level as the "Components" folder. The Mac disregards that folder so it's just a placeholder for me to test Logic without 3rd party plug-ins with an easy way to restore all those plug-ins).

Well the problem is, we've detemined that the issue occurs even when you're not trying to load a project. I mean the Empty Project is an empty factory template so there's nothing in that project that should make the Mac crash, and Logic does not have any kind of auto-save....

So really I'm not sure what could be going on there.