Audio Midi not working

JESounds

I have this rather annoying problem in Logic. When I record enable an audio track I can record properly without any problems, and the same with a MIDI tack. But when I record enable BOTH an audio track and a midi track the midi track just stops working. You can press a key on an external midi keyboard and the sound will play seconds after you press it; if it makes a sound at all. FOr example, if you press a "chord" on the keyboard it will play as an arpeggio seconds after you pressed it.

It's impossible to record audio and midi at the same time, which is really annoying! I've tried to change the buffer size and stuff but lower buffer size only makes it worse (notes don't play at all sometimes). Sometimes it's working for a couple of seconds but then goes back to not working again.

I'm using Logic 9 with a Mbox Pro 3 generation on an iMac from around two years ago. It's not running on the latest version of OSX because I have a couple of plugins that wont work with Mountain Lion.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

I have a couple of controllers. One through the Mbox and a few through USB. It's the same no matter what I use. I could try to record the Audio through the built-in mic, but the audio seems to work fine even when the MIDI is not working at all. And it has worked before, and I don't know what has changed; neither with my hardware or my software since it worked the last time. But now it's broken all the time, except for the first few seconds every time i start up logic (before it start behaving strange again).

OK, so

I have a couple of controllers. One through the Mbox and a few through USB. It's the same no matter what I use. I could try to record the Audio through the built-in mic, but the audio seems to work fine even when the MIDI is not working at all.

OK, so you're saying that the problem persists even if you take the Mbox out of the picture? Is that it?

J.