new audio interface - NO SOUND [SOLVED]

hi there - please be gentle, I'm a Logic newbie! :lol: Just got my first audio interface, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. Everything is connected, the Yamaha keyboard to the interface, usb to the Mac Mini, etc. When I open Logic I can see that everything is responding properly (i.e., in Preferences Scarlett 8i6 is selected, when I play notes on the keyboard I see it reflected in the Transport bar display. )But, I get NO SOUND.

Now, this is where I THINK the problem may lie, but do not know how to fix: In the Audio Midi Setup page, all the volume settings are all at zero - and won't let me turn them up. I should mention that I use crappy Logictech computer speakers that connect via a headphone jack. Audio Midi setup gives me the option to "configure my speakers" but it's for left and right speakers - I'm unable to configure because there's only one cord, the headphone cord/jack.

I'm asking you Logic brainiacs because I can't seem to get a response (via email or phone) from Focusrite - does anyone know, do I need to buy $$ speakers in order to get my audio interface to work properly? My goal was to just use my headphones (better/pricier than the Logictech) until I was ready to mix/master.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance with this!

First of all, disregard Audio MIDI Setup, Logic is not using it, instead it accesses your core audio drivers directly.

I should mention that I use crappy Logictech computer speakers that connect via a headphone jack.

Then in Logic go to Preferences > Audio > Devices > Core Audio and select "Built-in output" as the output device.

My goal was to just use my headphones (better/pricier than the Logictech) until I was ready to mix/master.

In that case plug your headphones into the headphone output of the Focusrite and leave the output device set to Focusrite in your Logic preferences.