Controller Assignments, plists and midi functions [SOLVED]

maxedwards

Hello all,

I recently decided to "learn" all my plugin parameters in logic via SFLogicNinja's youtube video:

After completion, I saved a template for use later.

Next just in case, I saved all my plist preference files for logic.

When i loaded a new track, an set the contol surface to the plugin I was using, nothing happened.

It appears logic is not recognizing the midi messages from most of the knobs and faders I used on the MPK49.

I unplugged and replugged the MPK49, restarted the software, retarted the computer, reset all midi drivers, without any positive outcome.

Next I trashed my logic plist preferences, and restarted, still no dice.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem except for me? I searched around the site, but couldn't find what i was looking for.

This is extremely frustrating, but I am trying to stay in good spirits.

All my software is up to date, on snow leopard's last version.

Any help would be much appreciated! :P

I should also add that I had the controller on and linked before restarting logic. This was a persistent problem for me in the past, and thought I should give it another go.

After completion, I saved a template for use later.

Saving a template won't help: assignments are global, they automatically apply to all your logic projects (including all your templates).

Next just in case, I saved all my plist preference files for logic.

A smart move! Preference files can easily get corrupted, so at least now you have a backup.

]When i loaded a new track, an set the contol surface to the plugin I was using,

What do you mean by "set the control surface to a plug-in"?

Thanks for the reply David!

By set the control surface to a plugin, I meant in the controller assignment window, I set the zone to my MPK 49 that I setup, and the mode to the plugin mode that I assigned for the plugin that I have open.

Thanks!

M

Edited by maxedwards

Also, there is no midi being recognized at all from most of my MPK knobs and faders. It's linked via usb currently. I tried with a new cable just to be safe.When I reset the plists from my backup, all the learned assingments are showing in the controller assignment window, Just no movement.

This does make sense. If I did set them to a specific track, is there a way to tell? Also, is there a way to change it? Generally I have the track selected that I am setting the plugin's controller asignment to, so I think this must be what happened. Also, i loaded the plugin, to the same channel strip it was learned with. I feel that the other issue, is that now there is no midi info being recognized from the mpk in logic on the specific knobs and faders that were used for the learn assignments. Would trashing the plists, restarting logic, and then reloading the saved cs plist help?

Do you have any activity in the Transport display (in the MIDI readout)?

Did you check in the Apple AudioMidi SetUp window to see if your MPK shows there?

Did you check in the Environment (Click & Ports) to see if there is some in coming MIDI when you play the keyboard?

Could you post a screen capture of your Controller Setup window?

Hello Atlas00seven,

I do not show activity for the mentioned knobs or faders in the transport window. Although I do for the keys and other controls.

In the environment, under clicks and ports I show the same issue.

Working on the screen shot, on the laptop currently.

Hi David, I will check on those settings now. Thanks, will post when I have more info.

If I did set them to a specific track, is there a way to tell?

Yes. Open Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments and look at the assignment. The Channel Strip parameter will either be set to "Selected Track" or to "Fader Bank" with a specific channel strip number:

[attachment=1]Picture 2.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Picture 3.png[/attachment]

That was the fix, thank you David! Wishing you well.