Is the Mackie Controller worth it to control Logic 7?

RESPECT

I own a Mackie Universal Control.What I can tell you about my experience, is that it is a great tool (transport fonction, mixing, saving undoo, locators...with knobs) So it makes your ears work, instead of your eyes.

To my poinion, the only question (not talkin budget of course) is how to integtarte physicaly the unit to you studio. Beacause it replaces somehow the computer keyboard, but you will still need it. And if you have a MIDI Keyboard, it may become complex...

By the end, I now want 1 or 2 extention, to get rid of the "fader bank" stuff

You should also remember you will need 1 in1 out MIDI.

Hope this helps...

joecool

..the only question (not talkin budget of course) is how to integtarte physicaly the unit to you studio. Beacause it replaces somehow the computer keyboard, but you will still need it. And if you have a MIDI Keyboard, it may become complex...

Hope this helps...

joecool

Hey Respect,

I use the "Logic Control" (made by Mackie) I think it's more less identical-- it sets itself up automagically and you won't believe how much better it is having physical hardware faders, pots, scrub wheel and transport control... I totally recommend it! ...but yes figuring out studio desktop real estate might be a problem... and even with all the Control Surface options I still often use the scrollwheel and/or draw in automation data with mighty mouse quite frequently as well... depending what kind of workflow mode I'm in... but I don't regret getting the control surface for a minute -- absolutely love it! I know in fact that like logic itself there's more use I could put it to then I've been doing so far... ( it can control just about every parameter of everything in Logic ) but all in good time... just mixing simultaneous tracks in real time is enough of a productivity gain that it makes it worth getting IMHO.

See if you can find a dealer to set you up to try out a demo unit.

Yeah its pretty cool ive had mine a while but its a bit glitchy at times(at least mine has been)ethernet would have been nice. I was a big fan on the pro control with all the editing tools right there in front of you for me that would have made this piece golden.Hmm..anyone know if there is a way to asssign the tools so you could put them on a controller? (gotta look in my key commands)

I own a Mackie Universal Control.What I can tell you about my experience, is that it is a great tool (transport fonction, mixing, saving undoo, locators...with knobs) So it makes your ears work, instead of your eyes.

To my poinion, the only question (not talkin budget of course) is how to integtarte physicaly the unit to you studio. Beacause it replaces somehow the computer keyboard, but you will still need it. And if you have a MIDI Keyboard, it may become complex...

By the end, I now want 1 or 2 extention, to get rid of the "fader bank" stuff

You should also remember you will need 1 in1 out MIDI.

Hope this helps...

joecool

I own a Mackie+C4 and I have the same problem as you.. How to "fit" the mackie with computer keyboard and master 88 keys keyboard...

How did you solve it? could you post pictures?

thanks

• 1 month later...