How to assign nano KONTROL to mute specific track [SOLVED]

Bouncer

I have this issue that when I assign mute function of a track to a fader on my nano KONTROL, it works only on track which is selected.... it will mute any track i select but not the one I intended to mute unless it's selected... i tried to change options in the midi assignment window but nothing worked out... how can the mute midi controller assignment be working on the same track even if its not selected? thanks

Click the channel strip's mute button you want to control from your nanokontrol.

Enter Command+L (to enable Logic's "MIDI learn" function).

Move the fader on the nanokontrol.

Before you close the controller assignments window, check (in Expert View) that the "Channel Strip" parameter is set to "Fader Bank" and not "Selected Track".

Close the controller assignments window.

J.

well it acts differently now... now it shows fader bank 13? now it still mutes the wrong track... i have only 8 faders why 13??.... anyway i think i seen an option somewhere in Logic maybe to turn off the fader bank option.. now it highlight the strips on the buttom (faderbank thing, see picture) i am not sure what to do

209850272_Screenshot2013-02-12at6_40_24AM.png.60422cd1c541792612ee710f7d300e33.png

1340933287_Screenshot2013-02-12at6_45_51AM.png.eab9b253d20c5178f98c09ce581ea4d3.png

Maybe it has something to do with the fact of using the nanokontrol's control surface plug-in instead of using it as a regular, "dumb" MIDI controller?

It works as expected with my MPK49 here (which is a "dumb" MIDI controller).

Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I don't know what else to suggest.

I'm sure Shivermetimbers would be able to help you out with this...

J.

i dont use the controller settings for the Logic that came from the factory.... i like to use it as a regular controller and assign everything myself whatever i want.... maybe in a different project it will work different... i sense Logic has flaws from project to project... i start look at it as a less of a machine but a thing with attitude :)

i dont use the controller settings for the Logic that came from the factory.... i like to use it as a regular controller and assign everything myself whatever i want.

Judging by the blue control surface bars at the bottom of you're channel strips, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces > Setup...is that window empty or does it have an nanokontrol device icon?

J.

J thanks for providing the link.... i uninstalled following the instructions, but the thing still doesnt work as it should....when i assign mute channel and switch to fader as u advised, now it mutes same track no matter which track is selected, but the fact is the track thats getting muted is not the one i want to mute... i have setting fader 1 but it mutes track 4 strips ahead, i tried set -4 but it wont let...

i also tried to assign fader or even button, to a bypass of a plugin on a track, it too works only if the track is selected... if i change setting to software instrument, it stops working....

i tried different midi controller and same thing

J can u control your plugins via midi no matter which strip is selected?

J can u control your plugins via midi no matter which strip is selected?

Yes! Here's a little video I did not long ago that shows just that:

Maybe you should start from scratch:

Quit Logic and trash the control surface preference file "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" that's in your user's Library/Preferences folder.

Relaunch Logic and assign something by clicking on what you want to control (the mute button of your channel strip), entering Command+L, changing the Channel Strip parameter to the type of channel strip ("Audio", "Software Instrument", etc) and entering the channel strip number on the field to the right. Close the controller assignments window.

J.

I want to point out how the behavior of controller assignment function works when tracks get deleted after assignment has been made... the issue is that after i deleted a track from the arrangement, the track that had mute assignment is no longer getting controlled but the track next to it is.... just for those who use controller, should know this... my fast solution was to add a dummy track instead of reassigning again