EXS instrument or Kontakt?

andrevanharen

Ultimately use whatever you're most comfortable with. But ask yourself a few questions, do you want to create detailed instruments or just play back the samples as they are? Are you going to use the instrument in Logic only or do you use other platforms too? Do you want to use a lot of modulation/filtering/effects inside the sampler?

Kontakt is a more versatile sampler for doing everything in the box. But if you want to just play your samples back as they are with a limited amount of "synth" like editing and effects then the EXS24 will do it just fine. The EXS24 instrument will also be quicker to create from inside Logic if that's a concern too.

Ultimately use whatever you're most comfortable with. But ask yourself a few questions, do you want to create detailed instruments or just play back the samples as they are? Are you going to use the instrument in Logic only or do you use other platforms too? Do you want to use a lot of modulation/filtering/effects inside the sampler?

Kontakt is a more versatile sampler for doing everything in the box. But if you want to just play your samples back as they are with a limited amount of "synth" like editing and effects then the EXS24 will do it just fine. The EXS24 instrument will also be quicker to create from inside Logic if that's a concern too.

I will use them in Logic only, yes. And I used reverb and volume automation on the samples and layered them with other instruments. I lost Logic projects before and the sounds I created and had to redo it from scratch. So I hope by creating Instruments (Kontakt or ESX) from them I can save them for later use.

I will use them in Logic only, yes. And I used reverb and volume automation on the samples and layered them with other instruments. I lost Logic projects before and the sounds I created and had to redo it from scratch. So I hope by creating Instruments (Kontakt or ESX) from them I can save them for later use.

Create channel strips of your favorites, also make a template with multiple channel strips.

8)