MOTIF XF and Logic

Slaats Willem-Jan

Hello and welcome to Logic Pro Help!

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

When I click for instance the play button in logic my motif xf starts playing. I'm sure it's a problem of setting up everything but I don't know where and how.

So, the problem is you don't want the Motif to start playing when you press play in Logic? :? People usually come here asking how to achieve that.

J.

Logic 9.1.3 (32-Bit) and Max OS X 10.5.8

Hi Jordito,

Lol. I know ;). This is the problem. When logic runs it recieves and plays midi, the same with audio. That is working great. But still when I push the play button (and there isn't any audio or midi recorded so an empty window) it starts producing sound.

Logic 9.1.3 (32-Bit) and Max OS X 10.5.8

Please add this info (and computer, external hardware, etc) to your signature. Click the link I provided before to read our forum rules. There you'll also find the link to edit your signature. Thanks.

When logic runs it recieves and plays midi, the same with audio.

You mean from the Motif, right?

But still when I push the play button (and there isn't any audio or midi recorded so an empty window) it starts producing sound.

If Logic is receiving MIDI from the Motif and sending it back to trigger the Motif's sounds, you should expect to hear something...even if you haven't recorded anything yet.

The same applies if the Motif sends MIDI to a software instrument track in Logic:

The software instrument will produce sound, yet nothing has been recorded.

If you don't want the motif to respond to Logic's clock (after pressing Play in Logic), go to your project's MIDI synchronization settings and disable any ports being used for the transmission of MIDI Clock.

J.

Archived