Liquid Mix and Mountain Lion - Ok?

Giannis

A quick question: does the Liquid Mix work with Mountain Lion?

I've emailed Focusrte also, but still waiting...

The Liquid Mix has been discontinued for a while. The drivers ( 3.0) were compatible up to Snow Leopard.

Focusrite has some limited instructions about disabling a 'gatekeeper' feature, but I am not sure if this will help. :cry:

Another doorstop to add to my collection.

• 5 months later...
Yes I can confirm it works in mountain lion however it's 32bit so in LP9 it works via the 32bit bridge. No go in LPX because its all 64bit AU and liquid mix is 32bit only. I knew this day was coming but I loved the liquid mix for it options. Quite frankly today's plugs surpass the quality of the LM sooooooo.......

I am talking about the Liquid Mix 32 firewire box (the very first LM).

So it is still operational in Mountain Lion? Any issue with the LM drivers - I remember reading that someone had problems with the latest drivers (vers 3) and had to install from a previous version?

A previous poster says that it shows up but that the emulations are missing. Is this right? If so, any workaround?

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

In FutureMusic Issue 272 there is a question about similar issue with Sylenth1 (page 108).

In response given by Mark Gyver, he mentions two possible solutions to this. First of all, he mentions Apple AU Lab Host, which somehow would be able to load up 32-bit plugins and then route them to Logic Pro X.

AU Lab is a free digital mixing application that hosts Audio Unit effects and that ships with the Apple Developer tools, available at http://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/ .

However, Mark also mentions this might be a cumbersome way.

Another solution is to use Sound Radix 32 Lives - plugin wrapper. It is commercial application, in it's beta phase at the moment. According Sound Radix website, Liquid Mix is supported and works: http://www.soundradix.com/products/32-lives/compatibility

I don't own Liquid Mix myself, but I've always been intrigued by it. So someone, could you try these apps out?

Myself, my Tascam FW-1804 sound card had only 32-bit drivers, so it stopped working after OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion update. OS X Mavericks is already here, I do not expect things getting any better. But Liquid Mix is working as HW, but not as SW? Would you be able to use those in some other, 32-bit AU compatible DAW under OS X 10.8 or 10.9?

All the best, Mikko