import my MS1 concert into MS2

Natasha0404

Hi all,

I'm finally planning to upgrade my logic 8 to 9. I'm running it currently with a korg x50 and MBP 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM. The question is can I import my current concert ( with 90 patches only from logic) to MS2? I'm not using any plugins except a few samples from EX24.

Thank u.

Hi

I think that some have had issues with converting MS1 to MS2 concerts? Note that unless you buy Logic Studio (2), you will not get MS 2. The latest version of MS (v2.2) is a separate purchase from the AppStore in any case.

To be safe, it could be worth exporting all your Patches/Sets in MS1 to make it easier to rebuild if you need to.

CCT

Hi

Ive tried to import the MS1 concert on a newly installed MS2, but it does not work.

What, if anything, does actually happen when you import the Concert?

Could you confirm the exact version of MS1 and MS 2 you are working with (from the 'About" Mainstage menu item), and the OS you are running.

CCT

Hi CCT.

I have my MS on MBP1 which is an old MBP. It's running Logic 8, so i guess it's MS v 1. On my new MBP, the spec is 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM OS 10.8 and I've purchased Logic 9 upgrade, and i'm running MS v 2.

When I "open" my old concert, it seems to be loading the patches and then it says that I can't open this file as it needs to be a restore from a backup. I can't remember the exact wording.

I have no time to set up a new concert from scratch, so I am really hoping for some expert advice when anyone has a moment.

Thanks a lot.

Tash.

It is supposed to work, but I've seen this before.

If you still have the machine where you have MainStage 1, check if the concert still opens okay over there.

If so, save the concert as... Under a new name and see if MS 2 will open that file. If so, you're good,

If not, drag each of your patches individually to the desktop, which creates a file which is the patch itself, which you can then drag to a new MS 2 concert. Since you have 90+ patches, this may help recover your work... If you've set up concert or set-level stuff in your file, this may not be 100% what it was originally, but... It's bettor than starting completely over...

What if you cannot open the v1 file anymore?

The only thing I know is the right click on the concert file, choose show contents and then dive into the contents of the file... Emnpbedded in one of the folders, you'll find all the csts (channel strip settings) that are in all of those 90+ patches... You can drag and drop these to a new MS2 patch too, but you'll lose volume settings....

I've had this happen to me once before... It wasn't fun... But I got back most of what I needed....

Another thing. Be sure to use the version of MS you buy for 30 bucks in the App Store, not the version you get with Logic 9. They're different, and the AppStore version fixes bugs that you'll want fixed... It's 30 bucks. Complaining to Apple will cost more than 30 bucks worth of your time, so just do it (trying to be helpful, not pushy here). For all we know, version 2 may even fix the bug that can't read your v1 file (internally it is damaged, just that v1 doesn't seem to mind).

Good luck... Like I said, I've had this, and it was the low point in my use of MainStage, but since then, or version 2.2, it's been pretty amazing.

Dear michaelhuisman

You genius !!! I dragged the patches and copied them onto the MS2 new concert. All the patches are on the MS2 new concert, but the splits are missing and so are some EXS samples.

But this is far far better than what CCT suggested.

I didn't need to upgrade to the newer version of MS2.

Thanks

Hi

Dear michaelhuisman

You genius !!! I dragged the patches and copied them onto the MS2 new concert. All the patches are on the MS2 new concert, but the splits are missing and so are some EXS samples.

But this is far far better than what CCT suggested.

I didn't need to upgrade to the newer version of MS2.

Thanks

Really?

To be safe, it could be worth exporting all your Patches/Sets in MS1 to make it easier to rebuild if you need to.

CCT

Sorry, I did that just after I posted in a panic... Thank you Eric.

Thank you CCT for your earlier message. I am thick ! So, I didn't understand your meaning of "export" ... Apologies for writing "far far better" ... Friends ???

Thank you all ...

Archived