Jump to content

Exporting Audio From Aux Problem


Recommended Posts

Hi all -


I've just finished scoring a movie, and am attempting to use this method: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3650 in order to efficiently export my stems (strings / brass / synths) etc....


However instead of working as it should, the resulting audio file from the aux is not how it sounds in the project, but just one of the tracks running through it - and also dry; none of the processing that is sitting on the buss as inserts has been applied. Tried lots of things - making a new bus, deactivating plugins on it, soloing tracks etc but to no avail. I thought I would see what would happen if I muted out the track which is the only instrument in the exported bus stem - and oddly enough now a different instrument (again dry) is in the stem which wasn't there previously, but not all the others which should be!


This happens on multiple sessions - using different plugins / instruments and even on another system I have (transferring session across and attempting to export)...


Really frustrating, and can't seem to get to the bottom of it - also can't find anyone else having the same problem!


Btw - I realise I could bounce stems in realtime, biut was hopig to use this method (if it works!) should be quicker and a more efficient way of working...


I'll look forward to any thought if anyone can help!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool, thanks. Can you now give us the details of your issue...in other words:


What exactly is being routed to the aux that's not being exported correctly? what plug-ins are being used that are not being included in the resulting file? It would be easier if you posted a screen shot to illustrate these details.



Link to comment
Share on other sites




Here's a screenshot -


so in this instance you can see the string section on the far left (this is all LA Scoring Strings) coming out of bus 4 into the submix of bus 4 on the right - with an API550a EQ on it.


I think with the issue i'm having it just seems to include the highest instrument # - i.e basses (Inst 13), as when I mute the basses regions, it's just Violas (Inst 12) that is in the bus export. But, as I said before, all comes through perfectly on the bus exactly as it should with all instruments when just playing the session...


Thanks for taking the time to help out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...