Automate quantization settings?

lyford

Hello! I have a somewhat odd challenge... I have recorded several looping piano lines and I want to intentionally change the quantization several times during the piece - switch to a swing feel, then syncopation, etc. I imagine there is a way to record a live performance in a midi loop to accomplish some of this, but perhaps there is a way to automate the choice of quantization? Or should I make copies of each region and then quantize each separately? Any ideas on a starting point would be appreciated.

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere on the board, all the posts I could find dealt with the quantization of automation data... I want to automate the quantize settings which is the opposite I guess. :lol:

Thanks to everyone for such a great board and community!

You cannot automate the Quantize parameter on the inspector (or any other parameter from the inspector).

Or should I make copies of each region and then quantize each separately? Any ideas on a starting point would be appreciated.

Yes, you could do that and then use the Touch Tracks object to trigger different regions with different quantization settings.

J.

Archived