The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

heres what i managed to do despite being ignored by everyone. Im always willing to still help tho.

Scroll down to the mixer to see more.

Wow! That's great! Hopefully at some point Apple will script these GUI colour customization back into the app or some third party will make a little app that we could use. I'm adept at programming and will have to wait until something comes along that's as easy as Logic 9 customizing colour or some other easy to install tweak. Thanks for you hard work. I see light at the end of the tunnel:)

This update is turning out AWESOME.

A 3rd party utility wtih "themes" and we'll be able to completely adapt logic. I always thought LP8/9 was too bright.

Btw, Logic X is awesome in my otherwise very dark studio on external screen, i really enjoy working in it.

Chris D or anyone happen to know what item under Color > Mixer is responsible for the color of the instrument insert slots? I'd like to make those different from other slots.

The insert slots are graphics files, you'll need to edit them with an image editor and colour them how you want.

heres what i managed to do despite being ignored by everyone.

:roll: The only ignoring being done is by you to my attempt to try and help you.

Of course I have asked him but im still waiting for a reply. How do I view files the way Beej can? I downloaded Xcode and I navigated my way to

/Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

Yes, just open that file in Xcode.

But after scrolling thru all of the files (took a while) I do not see the Arrange file.

Im also searching for how to change the Piano Roll and Transport bar as well, just to grey up Logic back to the way I loved it, Any help?

Scroll down to "Colors" and click the arrow to open that to see the items it containts. Scroll down to the "Arrange" item and open that, and see what various properties are in there.

Look for:

"Background" in that section, which by default is set to:

"GrayColor:{35,100}".

Change the 35 to something lighter, like 70. Save the file, reload Logic to see the affect.

You should be able to find the other stuff you need that way - be aware that doing extensive, consistent colour overhauls is not trivial as there are *a lot* of settings, some aren't obvious and some are in image files, so you have to do a bit of exploring and reverse engineering to find the properties you need.

That should get you going...

if you want to change colors/graphics of logic's instruments/effects, they are in MAResourcesLg.framework, located in the same folder as MAResources.framework where we've been editing the main app. there is a corresponding .plist in /versions/a/resources, and lots more .tifs (including the splash image that appears when you open logic, in case you want to make your own faux-spraypaint k'd in russia version)

Lee Wilson, I noticed your "Segmented pan indicators" over at Gearslutz, could you share those? ,-)

+1

I can't help to feel that half of the mods just look cheap to me. :(

but the segmented PAN knobs really rock, they will nicely match my Logic Control now that the faders look the same.

I can't help to feel that half of the mods just look cheap to me. :(

Which may go to show that GUI design actually is a craft... :!:

Yeah, true.

I'm revising GUI for a max patch I'm doing for the 10th time now. It's really hard to get the right text size/element size/real estate/color scheme.

Which may go to show that GUI design actually is a craft... :!:

Indeed. I tend to try to keep mods subtle and very much in the spirit of the original. One thing that is very hard is a sense of design consistency - most people mod individual items for their individual needs with no real thought to consistency or a user-experience for people other than themselves, which is why mods are quite polarising in general.

this is an appearance question, if not a color question... does anyone know how to change the spring-loaded window animation for pop up alerts? i have it turned off by default system-wide, but logic overrides this behavior for some reason...

EDIT:

ok, within 10 seconds of posting i found it, in logic's preference file there is a pref named NSAutomaticWindowAnimationsEnabled

ANOTHER EDIT:

ok, apparently bringing up the save dialog reverts this pref back to "true," can't figure out how to make it stay "false." blah

Edited by miamizorz

ok, within 10 seconds of posting i found it, in logic's preference file there is a pref named NSAutomaticWindowAnimationsEnabled

As I posted in the other thread earlier, I found this preference but Logic kept resetting this to YES so a "NO" wouldn't stick.

Did this work for you?

ah, i didn't see your other post. nope, it won't stick, but i'm going to dig around for some preferences related to saving, because it's bringing up the save dialog that changes it back.

...it also drives me nuts that now (as of 10.0.1) when you open a template, the initial behavior is to ask you to resave, and in the templates folder by default... but this is getting off topic. which thread is best for questions of a more general nature?

I wanna apologize again for acting all needy and noobish. Thank you all for this thread, especially Beej for his help.

Has anyone at all managed to find out how to change the color of this Transport/Control Bar section?

Its the last thing i dont know how to change and it clashes with how I have logic now. Ugh! I would pay money to change this thing.

632585282_ScreenShot2013-07-30at4_38_59PM.thumb.png.0601a9922fdd59fdeea8b45df3438cdf.png

I wanna apologize again for acting all needy and noobish. Thank you all for this thread, especially Beej for his help.

Ok.

Has anyone at all managed to find out how to change the color of this Transport/Control Bar section?

The transport section is in the window title bar, and as such this is likely an OSX/System thing, thus probably can't be changed, at least easily (window titles have the same uniform appearance and styling on OSX.)

Has anyone created a higher contrast timeline, where the bar numbers and divisions are more readable? if so how please?

Yes, there are a whole bunch of ruler settings, iirc one for the main ruler, and one for the ruler in the edit windows. The bg colours, bar lines, division lines etc are all editable.