The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

slight tangent, but does anyone know if its possible to change the sensitivity of the colour changes of the notes in piano roll to produce a greater degree of colour change across the velocity spectrum?

I find it a very useful function except that my notes are always different shades of green and blue - a bit hard to distinguish.

thanks, Rich

Not me. I'm not that familiar with that aspect (notes) of Logic yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anyone please let me know which colour values to change in the Mar Resources file to modify the colour text and background of the HUD?

I've played with these ( see photo ) colour numbers and they are having no effect.

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 9.45.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-11 at 9.44.21 PM.png

I think it's AssetSets –> Colors –> TransportDisplay. Don't have time to check right now..

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

Just found this thread while looking for a simple thing, make my LPX a little bit more dark. I'm already running the 10.3, I love the flat look but I must say it's a bit bright… I would like to make it more like FCPX.

Is it possible? Does anyone here knows how?

TIA

If anyone is interested, here are some minor tweaks to the 10.3 mixer backgrounds—just to darken things up a bit as seen below.

Before & After

10point3_MixerMOD_BnA.thumb.jpg.623281ef9ff982d54ac7a1adb9a9a8d2.jpg

The modified 10.3 mixer filled up with "stuff":

10point3_MixerMOD.thumb.jpg.cbf74afc51ad6d729a5eb62922ed5c59.jpg

After seeing this live and direct I think I prefer the default lighter backgrounds. But it's nice to know things can be pushed around. Here are the plist edits for those interested

Colors > Mixer

> Background
Original (97,100)
Changed {55,100}

> ChannelStrip_BG
Original (97,100)
Changed (75,100)

> ChannelStrip_Divider
Original (71,100)
Changed (90,100)

> ChannelStrip_SelectedBG
Original {133,100}
Changed {95,100}

Apologies if this was already covered here, but does anyone know how to access / change the background of the top toolbar? (The area where the transport controls and shortcut buttons live) I've seen it changed within some of the downloadable skins, but am having a tough time figuring out where that image file or line of code exists. Thanks!

This is fantastic thank you, but where do we find the codes etc??

I would start here https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com/modification/

It isn't a terribly difficult thing to do. However, it can backfire on you easily and completely destroy Logic. 

Important: Before you even begin, make a copy of the entire Logic application and store it in a safe and reliable place! Also recommend you perform steps 3 and 4 from the instructions in the above link. This way, if you do break anything and are left with a dead / damaged application you can revert to your backup like nothing ever happened. 

Good luck!

PROJECT: CHIC & SIMPLE GUI FOR LOGIC PRO X

Next, piano roll window.

Simplicity!

D. PIANO ROLL

1. Removed colored tab in the header.

Hi. A new guy here )

How do you change (or even remove) that colored tab (region label)?

How is this element called in the plist?

It's not necessarily a question for Enawas only.

It's for anyone who knows.

You see, I'd like it if the selected regions' headers (in the Piano Roll and in the Arrange view) were not highlighted THAT much (or not highlighted at all). I'd like to reduce the amount of the additional brightness.

So far, I've managed to find out how to change the settings (including brightness) for the region's background in the Piano Roll, but not for it's header/label.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

MIXER WINDOW BACKGROUND

Logic 9 and 10.2 mixer background is a leather pattern pic...its named "background tolex.png" in the resources folder.

How do i reassign this pic into Logic 10.3...i tried editing the plist code under mixer section but did not change...i tried copying over the code over from Lpx10.2 plist , but no change.

Any ideas? thanks.

• 3 months later...

Guys! You know there is now an application with a color palette for changing logic pro colours! 

http://www.creationauts.com/products/logic-pro-colorizer/open?id=0B3wtPH4i1c_VTWtucUc4Y3VsdDg

You don't have to open that .plist file anymore, and it also colors the images. 

Reverting to the original Logic Pro GUI can be done by selecting the "Default theme".

Here is my piano roll with rhythm color associtations to the grid so I quickly know on what part of the beat I am sliding those midi notes to : 

- on orange I know Im at the begining of the measure

-on blue I know im the second, thrid and fourth time of the beat

- and yellow lines are for sub division , here quavers.

669041554_ScreenShot2017-09-13at17_36_54.thumb.jpg.a57d07e0091c6ec0bff6fe0f928c622e.jpg

Guys! You know there is now an application with a color palette for changing logic pro colours! 

http://www.creationauts.com/products/logic-pro-colorizer/open?id=0B3wtPH4i1c_VTWtucUc4Y3VsdDg

You don't have to open that .plist file anymore, and it also colors the images. 

Reverting to the original Logic Pro GUI can be done by selecting the "Default theme".

Here is my piano roll with rhythm color associtations to the grid so I quickly know on what part of the beat I am sliding those midi notes to : 

- on orange I know Im at the begining of the measure

-on blue I know im the second, thrid and fourth time of the beat

- and yellow lines are for sub division , here quavers.

NEAT.

Thank you.

Speaking of Creationauts' products, has anyone tried their Voice Commander app yet?

Yeah, you can currently get the Beta version only. It is at $39, and you get the first version for free once it's out. It's very promising.Im looking forward to see the Voice Commander smartphone remote app also in action.

Edited by anjikyuzan

Speaking of Creationauts' products, has anyone tried their Voice Commander app yet?

Yeah, you can currently get the Beta version only. I bought mine at $39, and will get the first version for free once it's out. It's very promising.Im looking forward to try with their remote app also.

Thanx for the information!

BTW, have you recently moved to Lyon (France)? 

Your profile used to show that you were from Montreal...

Yeah, you can currently get the Beta version only. I bought mine at $39, and will get the first version for free once it's out. It's very promising.Im looking forward to try with their remote app also.

Thanx for the information!

BTW, have you recently moved to Lyon (France)? 

Your profile used to show that you were from Montreal...

On Vacation at the moment, but I live in Montreal. I now realise you are in Montreal too! Maybe we will cross paths there :)

Great little app. Works great, but...

I'd love to see the new color showing up in LPX GUI, in realtime, as you adjust it from the Colorizer app. Rebooting LPX between every change is tedious.

Try to choose some colors and build a color palette like one would do in phootshop. Then apply these colors by selecting them from the palette or use cmd+c / cmd+v to copy paste between rows. Once you get a hang on where the elements are listed it goes quicker. At that stage I have more faith in my color changes and will hit the Colorize button for logic to reflect many of them at once. 

1552739613_ScreenShot2017-09-21at11_13_29.thumb.jpg.b3c16c3cc9a7af7042e4deabd9e9fe41.jpg