The Customising Logic Pro X GUI Colours Thread

beej

How do i just change the levels meters in the mixer.I already have the theme i want but the levels meters are dull green.

Get your inspiration at these two sites:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/logic-pro-x/857146-custom-logic-x-guis-thread.html

http://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com

Open 'MAResourcesMapping.plist' and navigate to Root => AssetSets => Colors => Mixer. There you'll find four entries: 'ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorExponential', 'ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorExponentialOutput', 'ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorLinear' and 'ChannelStrip_LevelIndicatorLinearOutput'. For each of them you can change the sRGB-values (colors) from 'item 0', 'item 1' ... 'item 4'. These items represent the gradient from bottom to top.

Good luck!

I have made my piano roll quite a bit brighter. There is one thing i can't for my life figure out how to change. The vertical alignment guide that appears in front of the note when i drag it. It's a thin white line but i need to change it to another color. What is the name of that entry?

Playhead maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello BeeJ,

I have tried to change my track regions colors to include black,white , & silver. Do you know which of these numbers I should change and which numbers will produce the colors that I want?

Regions

LineColor

sRGBColor:{ 0, 128, 0, 100}

LineColorSelected

sRGBColor:{ 0, 255, 0, 100}

LineColorMuted

GrayColor:{15,100}

BaseHue

Hello BeeJ,

I have tried to change my track regions colors to include black,white , & silver. Do you know which of these numbers I should change and which numbers will produce the colors that I want?

Regions

LineColor

LineColorSelected

LineColorMuted

BaseHue

What you are trying to do is sadly not possible.

Million thanks to all the contributors to this topic. Keep it going guys..

I am red-green color blind.. when I saw the color chooser in Logic Pro - with no hint on what color or shade they are - I felt so sad.. I have to use third party color pickers to know what color it is or bother someone nearby :(

While 7 to 10 % population is red-green color blind ( http://www.colour-blindness.com/general/prevalence/ ), we have designed the world from traffic signals to sound engineering software using green for OK and red for danger!

So, thanks to the kind hearts who brought this subject knowledge of customizing GUI colors.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello BeeJ,

Regions

LineColor

LineColorSelected

LineColorMuted

BaseHue

What you are trying to do is sadly not possible.

It is possible to create Black track headers/regions. It's a workaround solution: create a black track header on a track in Logic 9, then import that track into Logic X (command-I) - the black colour bar will import with the track. White can't be imported, as the white bar in Logic 9 defaults to the background grey (unlike the region), and be aware the black colour covers the white track number writing...

So is anyone going to create an application for customizing the GUI?

Or if not an application, at least a manual of some sort that shows what links to what?

I've messed around with customizing and it's actually quite easy. Finding everything is the hard part.

• 2 weeks later...

I put this same info out on gearslutz yesterday (sorry, I don't have time to follow as fast as the stuff gets posted here!).

I started playing around with creating a 'plistUpldater' script that one could load up with property list mods for various "themes". One could then run it and it would take care of the property list ugliness (with some human-friendly readability) and it wouldn't involve swapping out the file.

It's not at all a stretch to think that it could also swap out the TIFs (either from a local store or some web-based source). I like what gearslutz/yodamusic did with a simple AppleScript to swap out the link to the MAResources.framework folder... I took that and changed it ia bit to create a simple snazzy "file swap" script.

Anyway... back to the plist editor thing...

The nice thing about it is I set up the 'test' theme and then the 'default' theme and i ran the script like:

me$ . logicPListUpdater.sh test

and i saw the changes and then

me$ . logicPListUpdater.sh default

set them back.

So is there any appetite out there for something like this? We could host it on github or something and then people could add in their own mods (though the image replacement thing would take some more thought).

Also, in case anyone is interested, here is an example of the logic (!) that this runs... PlistBuddy is an executable installed in the OS by default...

# ARRANGE BACKGROUND
if [[ $theme == "default" ]]; then
property=("${property[@]}" ':AssetSets:Colors:Arrange:Background')
value=("${value[@]}" 'GrayColor:{35,100}')
elif [[ $theme == "test" ]]; then
property=("${property[@]}" ':AssetSets:Colors:Arrange:Background')
value=("${value[@]}" 'sRGBByteColor:{1, 2, 3, 4}')
fi

# DO IT
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set ${property[$i]} ${value[$i]}" /Applications
/Logic\ Pro\ X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAResources.framework/Versions/A
/Resources/MAResourcesMapping.plist

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a question. Because the Resources Folder is inside the LPX Package, would it be possible to copy LPX, rename it something like LPX SSL, or LPXPTs, change the Resources Folders inside the copies, and therefore have different versions of Logic that open with different GUIs? I'm afraid to go ahead and do it in case i wreak havoc, but does anyone actually know the answer to this definitely? I figure as long as i leave a pristine copy of LPX Software Update will still work

Here's a question. Because the Resources Folder is inside the LPX Package, would it be possible to copy LPX, rename it something like LPX SSL, or LPXPTs, change the Resources Folders inside the copies, and therefore have different versions of Logic that open with different GUIs? I'm afraid to go ahead and do it in case i wreak havoc, but does anyone actually know the answer to this definitely? I figure as long as i leave a pristine copy of LPX Software Update will still work

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that will work without any problems.

J.

Thanks for the reply Jordi, I appreciate it. I have a project to finish so i can't afford to make LPX stop working, but when i get through it, i'll do a full clone of my hard drive and then give it a shot. If it all goes horribly wrong i'll recover fine, it'll just take a little while