LX 10.0.1 Left/Right Locators Dimmed in Transport [FIXED]

ski

Can't replicate in LPX started project. Already this feels like there have to be specific conditions met, that peeb and Ski share, but teedoff and me don't... I guess we need more confirmations and falsifications, and see if we can isolate the necessary circumstance(s).

Hi

OK I get the same as Ski... but try this

Open new project, set Transport LCD to Custom, enable Cycle, Numbers still grey'd out. Switch the Transport display does not bring this back. but....

Open a Floating Transport with full Custom display... cycle locators correctly Light

Then..

Customise the main window Transport, turn locators off then on again...

they should work now 8-)

CCT

edit

PS You gonna tell 'em or shall I?

Hi

OK I get the same as Ski... but try this

Open new project,

Check

set Transport LCD to Custom

Check (although new projects open by default with my custom transport)

enable Cycle, Numbers still grey'd out.

No, it works.

Switch the Transport display does not bring this back. but....

It just works.

Open a Floating Transport with full Custom display... cycle locators correctly Light

As they do and did all the time - I cannot reproduce.

Then..

Customise the main window Transport, turn locators off then on again...

they should work now 8-)

CCT

edit

PS You gonna tell 'em or shall I?

I'll tell 'm that this may or may not happen on your system... :D

And Yes, I'm running LP X.0.1 on 10.7.5 with the modified info.plist-trick - so admittedly that is an extra worry, since nobody even vaguely understands what features and functionality (if any) rely on OS 8.4 things that are supposedly missing from 8.3/2/1/0 and 7.5... and I get anomalous behaviour every 10 minutes now (the track selection misbehaviour (that has now gone...?), engaging Low Latency Mode made a timing-mess of my song, closing and reopening the song made LLM behave correctly again, this locator non-illumination thing - there seems to be a lot still to be repaired. Also that very odd bus-misbehaviour thing.

As I said, 10.0.2 might not be far away....

set Transport LCD to Custom

Check (although new projects open by default with my custom transport)

Does it still work if you do a new "default" empty template rather than your own (presumably customised in LPX.0.0?) template?

CCT

Does it still work if you do a new "default" empty template rather than your own (presumably customised in LPX.0.0?) template?

I have not created any template in LP X (yet), this is starting from the keycombo-less command File>New. The transport setting is apparently a pref rather than a project setting? I've also tried from the command File>New from Template..., I chose Empty template, exact same result: it works as expected (or more accurately: it works as it should).

2070484075_pic2013-07-26at15_46_08.thumb.PNG.0e7421edfba9b09dddb5964b290cb752.PNG

I think you guys will have to downgrade to OS X lion.5 again... :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for replying to this and testing things out.

Thanks also to CCT for reporting it (and probably in fewer words than I would have used LOL).

Both of them are dimmed! :shock:

[attachment=0]Dimmed.png[/attachment]

The best one yet!! :mrgreen:

• 1 year later...

Archived