LPX panning not working? [SOLVED]

Hricco

Hello all I have run into this issue once before with Logic 9, can't remember how I fixed it. I am using an M-audi C600 interface...In the desktop software for the interface I have DISABLE HOST CONTROL Unchecked, in logic Panning a track hard left or hard right produces NO results, it stays center, its like the panners just aren't working.....no audible differences can be heard when panning, I think its a simple thing......any ideas????

Is the problem related to the C600? I mean, if you turn off or disconnect the C600, or in Logic's preferences switch the input and output devices to built-in audio, does the problem disappear?

Can you post a screenshot of your entire Logic mixer with the pan all the way to one side?

Hi David thanks for the reply,

Here is the mixer, I take back my first statement that there is no audible difference, it seems that panning changes the volume of the track ever so slightly.....very strange....tell me what you think......

396630028_ScreenShot2013-07-27at2_58_02PM.thumb.png.23aa5e6c0f5ab66c853ed5a8db69e98f.png

Logic mixer

Thanks for the screenshot but I was hoping to see the meters in action... just one example would suffice, for example solo a track that's panned hard left and let's see those meters dancing.

Right now from your description, it sounds like you're monitoring the output of Logic in mono.

Here is the other screen shot, I was thinking that I was monitoring in mono too, but can't figure out where to change that if it is. Check out track #3, NT-1 Mesa. Its panned pretty far right, but audibly remains center.....

1220054139_screenshotmeters.thumb.png.3939615b586ce8a53889375f0587994f.png

Can you SOLO the track that's panned though so we can see what's going on on the meters?

Does the sound go completely off for the solo-ed track if you pan it all the way to one or the other side?

So far I can't see anything wrong in Logic so, if the answer to my previous question is yes, you're only listening to the left channel or right channel.

Can you describe how your monitoring chain (speakers? headphones) is connected? Can you switch back to the built-in audio out and plug headphones, and check that too?

Here is the mixer, I take back my first statement that there is no audible difference, it seems that panning changes the volume of the track ever so slightly.....very strange....tell me what you think......

Pan law setting?

Also remember that a "pan" knob on a stereo channel isn't panning but balancing, i.e. turning down the level of the opposite side.

It could also be the box you're wearing on your head, it might affect your hearing.

Hi Guys,

Last Saturday was the day from hell, and I wanna thank you David for helping on a Saturday afternoon. I had a ton of work come in, one 30sec commercial spot for a local prod company, various VO things to get done, and that one rock project, that the band just HAD TO HAVE ready for mastering THAT DAY.....OMG.......anyway, it was such a silly issue, and I'm just getting back to you guys now. In the M-Audio Control Panel, Stereo outputs 1-2 were panned to the center, Hence in Logic the panning did nadda.....pan left to the left and right to the right in the M-audio panel, and BAM!!! But thanks again for the help....I really appreciate it.....

Archived