Can The Drummer Function Be Automated? (LPX)

reddvette

I was messing around with some of the the Drummer functions in LPX and wondered if the "Simple"-"Complex"-"Loud"-"Soft" could be automated. So I turned on the "Latch" function for the Drummer track and grabbed the X/Y ball with my mouse as the track was playing back and moved it smoothly to various positions. I then returned the automation back to "Read" and played it back. Unfortunately, it did not recognize my automation. I was wondering if there was a way to do this because the effect is really cool to go from "Simple" to "Complex" to change the dynamics. BTW, I can not say enough good things about this new LPX. Having a blast over here!

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll be working with it some more. Speaking of regions; it seems as though the manipulation of regions in LPX versus LP9 is a little different in regards to joining and repeating regions etc. It's not that hard, just a little different and more streamlined. I will work with it some more and self teach rather than inundate you guys with questions on here. Loving this LPX thing!!

Try this:

Set up your Arrangement Track first - Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Bridge, Outro etc before you choose add New Drummer Track. It will anticipate the song arrangement and get you close to where you want to be. Then you can select each region and then tweak the Drummer settings to your liking.

Set up your Arrangement Track first - Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse, Bridge, Outro etc before you choose add New Drummer Track. It will anticipate the song arrangement and get you close to where you want to be. Then you can select each region and then tweak the Drummer settings to your liking.

Yup. OR if you've already chosen your drummer and customized the kit for example and don't want to restart from scratch, delete the drummer regions on the track, control-click on the empty track and choose "Populate with Drummer Regions".