Jump to content

LPX Problem changing staff style in track [FIXED in 10.0.5]


drb

Recommended Posts

An LP9 project in which I was able to change staff styles from one region to another of the same track does not notate as desired when read into LPX.

 

Specifically, for a piano track, in the beginning region the left hand has two parts set to different MIDI channels to point stems in different directions. A region after that has block chords and was set (in another staff style) to have only one voice and stem direction. This worked as desired and as documented in LP9.

 

In LPX, the second region has unwanted rests for the non existent second voice. The inspector does show the intended staff style for the region. I tried changing it to something else and back with no change in the result.

 

If I set the first region to the staff style intended for the second region, the second region does display as desired, but (as expected) the first region does not.

 

If the LPX documentation is changed, I have missed it.

 

I have also created a new LPX project with only two measures as two regions; the first with builtin layout style "Piano 1/3+4" and the second with "Piano 1/3". This displays the same result - the lack of notes for channel 4 in the second measure/region is noted by a full measure rest.

 

Have I found a bug, or missed some change from LP9 to LPX?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
I have contacted Apple support and at their request sent them LP 9 and LP X projects demonstrating this. I have just heard back that they have replicated the behavior with both my projects and their own and passed it on to engineering.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ski,

 

I own you one for an old post on slurs I saw. I was putting them in with the pencil tool and getting very frustrated. Your way, defining key commands, is much better. That should have been in the Apple doc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks drb. Glad that's making your life easier.

 

I don't know what kind of experience you're having editing slurs after they're entered, but I'm definitely having a tough time here. Sometimes when the slur is positioned too close to notes, I can't grab the handles with either the pointer or the layout tool. So as a remedy I've taken to using the various score editor "Nudge Position" key commands to move the symbols up and away from the note heads. Then I'm able to grab the handles and shape the slurs.

 

Offering that in case you're running into the same problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...