LX anchored group inspector

lologic

so, any idea how to make this groups menu disappear? It seems to turn on anytime you go into a group function, even if you don't ever make a group or adjust settings.

You can drag it to a floating window, but it just comes back after closing

lol

1505267021_ScreenShot2013-08-01at11_55_04AM.png.2ec84cd39dc39b574386883c36e249ad.png

I tried and couldn't make it go once it's been anchored to the inspector.

I reverted to an earlier project without it and used that as my autoload basis so I don't have to deal with it (don't really use the groups feature that much) - but it seems, once it's there, it's there for the life of the project (unless a sub-release or some clever hackery manages to dismiss it...)

Just tried to get rid of the groups inspector too.

First time I dragged it off the stack of inspectors (dragging to the right), ALL of the inspectors disappeared. Region inspector, track inspector, poof gone. Then the floating Group window appeared. When I closed that window, the entire inspector area was blank (save for the channel strips).

Selected a new track and the inspectors all re-appeared.

Tried getting rid of the Group inspector once again. The Group window appeared again, but this time the other inspectors remained visible.

Sounds like a typical Logic thing to me, where, when you try something for the first time it doesn't work. Then, when you try it again, it works. SSDD :mrgreen:

Just tried to get rid of the groups inspector too.

First time I dragged it off the stack of inspectors (dragging to the right), ALL of the inspectors disappeared. Region inspector, track inspector, poof gone. Then the floating Group window appeared. When I closed that window, the entire inspector area was blank (save for the channel strips).

Selected a new track and the inspectors all re-appeared.

Tried getting rid of the Group inspector once again. The Group window appeared again, but this time the other inspectors remained visible.

Sounds like a typical Logic thing to me, where, when you try something for the first time it doesn't work. Then, when you try it again, it works. SSDD :mrgreen:

I am glad no one was hurt in your experiments. We all learned a valuable lesson here, never group your tracks

lol

Like opening the mixer tab once (halfway), then opening it again (all the way)? I wonder if this is a 'feature' im just not appreciating :lol:

[i am glad no one was hurt in your experiments.

Me too. Fortunately, I was the only one in the lab at the time. And all of the monkeys, rats, mice, and human cadavers were moved to a separate room in advance as a safety precaution. Of course, I'll probably never recover from the acid burns I experienced while trying to lighten the too-dark Logic GUI with a mild solution of aqua regia, but then again, I got my degree in music, not chemistry. So indeed, lesson learned.

We all learned a valuable lesson here, never group your tracks. lol

That's right. NEVER do that. Who knows what kind of damage you'll cause.

775412145_dryfandpal.jpg.e50bb8d334d8dea72f7aa125bd7e492d.jpg

And all of the monkeys, rats, mice, and human cadavers were moved to a separate room in advance as a safety precaution.

That reminds me... I need to get that cadaver back to you...The one you brought over for the Halloween Party last year...dressed up like a dead dude in the corner.

I've been keeping him in the deep freezer in our garage.

I thought I had him pretty well hidden under everything else.

Well.......my wife was digging around in there the other day looking for something AND FOUND HIM! She almost had a heart attack! (Remember she was out of town for the party)

I guess I forgot to mention, "Oh by the way, there's a dead dude in the deep freezer."

Anyway, I can't keep him here anymore.

Call me

red,

I'd call you but I'm on a deadline, and you know what happens when we get on the phone. You know what I mean... hours go by talking shop and poker strategy and before you know it, it's time to remember that I have a wife living here too, not to mention those pesky clients breathing down my neck. It's all good tho. High five.

Right, back to the cadaver. Man, I really wish I could help you out, but just this afternoon we did the big monthly shop at Costco and our deep freezer is filled to the brim. Thinking that maybe if we tear through 27 pounds of bargain-priced tilapia filets and a case of super double chocolatey Tofu Num Nums sooner than expected, we might have room for him about the third week of August. Do you think you could keep your wife distracted by then?

Do you think you could keep your wife distracted by then?

Well, since we're buds and it is only ONE dead dude......sure.

I mean really... I'm alright with it...If it were just me...he could stay.

But for her, I think it's kind of hard to un-know that there's a dead dude in your freezer.

If it's nice this weekend, maybe I'll take him fishing.

Just can't be out there too long in that hot sun ya know.

Archived