Mastering Templates?

ldfleshbone

Hello,

So, I looked before I posted, but did not see anything related to my issue. Don't yell at me if I am just overlooking it. So I'm running Logic 9. Everything was going good until I added a loop from the library. I'm guessing it was surround stereo or something. As soon as created the new track for the loop and inserted it, a new mastering template (as well as a weird looking radar thing for the pan on the single channel) showed up at the end of the project. My question is how do I remove the unwanted mastering template? It changed my sound totally and I can't get back to where I was!!

Sounds like you're inserting a surround loop - therefore Logic switches to using the master channel strip instead of the Stereo Output channel strip - which is expected when working with surround media.

You can however open your Mixer and re-set the outputs of all your channel strips to the Stereo Output, which should restore the Stereo Out channel strip.

Awesome! That did the trick! I am very much not an advanced Logic user but am getting better as the years go by. Just painfully slow sometimes in making progress in the mixing process. That did the trick though! Thank you very much! I had NO idea there was a prelisten channel strip that was not present at all times. Another question: On some track, when I hit "all" in the mixer, A LOT of other strips appear on the right side of the master strip, they're labeled "GM de" or something like that. Are those just unused buses? #confusedagain. Thank again for ur help though. THat was huge! Problem solved