Evidence of Redmatica in LPX..? [No - false alarm]

beej

So, if someone could double check this for me, in case this is a weird quirk of how my machine is displaying icons...

Edit: It would seem this is the case. False alarm folks...

We've had reference to a "Sampler" in LPX, and indeed there are a few sampler* images in the resources, with people speculating that maybe Redmatica's influence may be felt here, with some dissappointment that there doesn't seem to be much direct evidence of Redmatica's technology in LPX (for all we know, some of that tech could be in, for example, the Flex Pitch implementation..).

Well, I was trawling through Logic's resources today (what, you don't think I actually make any *music* do you..? ;) and found something interesting.

LPX's icons look mostly like this:

lpx_rm01.thumb.jpg.61c92271582defa926f801b740b7ca26.jpg

LPX icons

So these ones, for the new "Patch" files in LPX stood out a little:

lpx_rm02.thumb.jpg.fa2532cd666fbb3aac38b8288a0bdeed.jpg

Spot the odd ones out

Wait... they look a little familiar to me... let's take a lookee at Keymap:

lpx_rm03.thumb.jpg.c289fcd3bf2b059357cdcd11e8e421fb.jpg

Keymap Pro icon resources

Sure enough, them's Redmatica icons. You can even see the CST icon in Keymap Pro styled like the Logic one too...

Let's take a look in the finder - the Keymap icon on the left, the one in Logic on the right...

lpx_rm04.thumb.jpg.a9aaced5b710a15f1005642ebf566d2e.jpg

In the finder

So - are these icons displaying the same way for other folks - particularly ones who *don't* have Keymap or any other Redmatica apps installed? Or is it just me..?

Edited by beej

Thanks Eric - I thought this might be the case. I think as the patch files have a "Kind" of "Structure", my OSX is mapping the KMP Structure icons to be displayed for those files...

Thanks for verifying - seems to be a false alarm... :(

Shame though ;)

Edited by beej

It's just pure speculation on my part, but... Harmonic Resynthesis is a Keymap function:

"Harmonic Resynthesis (HR) is a proprietary technology we have introduced to the field of

sampled instruments editors for manipulating pitch, time, formant and amplitude of samples in

the context of entire sampler instruments in a simple and intuitive way."

Kinda sounds like some of the features offered in Flex Pitch.

Keymap is an incredibly deep app with many features that could find their way directly into Logic and the EXS 24 in future updates. Just sayin'.

It's just pure speculation on my part, but... Harmonic Resynthesis is a Keymap function:

"Harmonic Resynthesis (HR) is a proprietary technology we have introduced to the field of

sampled instruments editors for manipulating pitch, time, formant and amplitude of samples in

the context of entire sampler instruments in a simple and intuitive way."

Kinda sounds like some of the features offered in Flex Pitch.

Indeed, and I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the Flex Pitch stuff is from Keymap - as I alluded to above. But Flex Pitch doesn't really work in the same way as Keymap's harmonic resynthesis stuff.

Keymap is an incredibly deep app with many features that could find their way directly into Logic and the EXS 24 in future updates. Just sayin'.

Yep, Keymap Pro is *awesome* and I love it and it's a real shame it's discontinued. As for the future... who knows..?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a question since there seems to be som e keymap users in this thread.

Since I never bought Keymap (was going to just when they went away) I know nothing about the licensce/copy protection. Are the Keymap licenses untransferable? I've been looking for a second hand Keymap for over a year without luck.

Just wondering why there are no copies for sale.