Just intonation and other octave divisions. Workflow?

aleos

Hi guys, I'm interested in experimenting with some alternative octave divisions, and just intonation. I realize there was a topic here; viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79411&p=471824&hilit=just+intonation#p471824,

but I thought I'd start a new one to discuss, and learn how some of you may work. I'm very interested in exploring some of the sounds resulting from these practices, but I'm a little unsure how to go about it in Logic. I haven't really tried much myself yet, and I realize Kontakt is great for these explorations. Anyone had any fun? Any ideas or tips?

I should mention, that my ears aren't high-level enough to internally hear alternative octave divisions, so how do map them to a keyboard, and know what they are?

I am also interested in utilizing Flex Pitch in Logic X, to experiment with vocal music. I am a terrible singer so I was hoping I could record myself singing a strong note, and then manipulate, hopefully building up some interesting harmonies. I know Jonny Greenwood worked this way when composing his piece 'Popcorn Superhet Receiver". He recorded his viola, and then pitch shifted in pro tools to create the Penderecki styled sounds. I would like to do something like this with my voice, following some interesting theories of alternate octave division. I have no experience with Melodyne or flex pitch, the intrigue me, but I don't know how useful they are in a context such as mine. As opposed to fixing an R'N'B singers note flub.

Also, for your enjoyment, Chris Cutter has some nice podcasts on this subject.

http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag

thanks