Undo accidental deletions, not successive actions? [SOLVED]

Jave

Hey guys

Still getting used to Logic, and apparently I deleted several audio regions without knowing that I did, so I continued recording for the project. Now I've realized that I deleted those regions, and going back in my undo history, I am able to bring them back. However, by going back that far in the history I'm undoing important tasks that I did after my unnoticed deletions. So how can I get those clips back where they need to be while also retaining what I did after it happened? I'm fairly pissed off that I managed to do this, and am still not entirely sure how I had selected and deleted those clips without even realizing it. Any help would be incredibly appreciated as I'm fairly flustered over this haha.

Thanks

First, save your current project in its latest state (with the previous recordings missing).

Now go back in history where you can see the recordings, and choose File > Save As to save a different copy of this project. Call it "Project-Name_old".

Now come back in history (or better, close the project and reopen the copy you'd saved in its latest state in the first step) and use the File Browser to import the missing tracks and their media from Project-Name_old.

Hope that helps?

I remember one time resizing a region while zoomed in to look at the waveform, shortening an audio region. Maybe 10 mn later I realized that some other regions must have also been selected at the time because they were all also shortened.

What I've been doing ever since is: when I'm zoomed in and about to make an edit, I systematically click the background first to deselect all regions before making my edit (wether cutting, resizing, anything).

Archived