Audio regions decelerando

Hi again.

I would like to add a slowing down effect at the end of a piece. I have a few audio regions playing at the end. The way I'm anticipating having to do it is to bounce the whole piece, then apply several small time stretches with flex time. I'd like to be able to just use global tempo automation and have that affect everything, so I don't have to do this again each time I tweak the mix.

Is there a better way in Logic 9? How about in Logic X? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Bruce

I'd like to be able to just use global tempo automation and have that affect everything, so I don't have to do this again each time I tweak the mix.

It's that simple.

Just make sure the audio regions are Flex enabled and choose the proper Flex mode for the tracks. I always check the Transient Markers for the audio files in the Sample/Audio Editor and adjust if needed. Then, make the tempo changes and everything follows the changes.

Thank you very much redlogic, that's exactly what I was after :)

BTW for others who are new to this - if after applying flex time to a region you get a warbly tremolo like effect, this can be significantly reduced by choosing polyphonic flex mode, and then ticking the "complex mode" tickbox that appears in the inspector for that track.

Thank you very much redlogic, that's exactly what I was after :)

BTW for others who are new to this - if after applying flex time to a region you get a warbly tremolo like effect, this can be significantly reduced by choosing polyphonic flex mode, and then ticking the "complex mode" tickbox that appears in the inspector for that track.

You can also get weird results like that if there are too many unnecessary Transient Markers.

That's why I always check them and edit by hand before flexing.

Archived