Question About An External MIDI Track (LPX)

reddvette

I created an external MIDI track with an associated audio track for monitoring. When I felt I had everything the way I wanted it, I went ahead and recorded the external MIDI track into the audio track. Pretty straightforward......Later I decided I wanted to do more editing (velocity etc.) to the external MIDI track so I created another audio track to monitor the external MIDI track while of course muting the audio track I just recorded but I can't get any sound through the new audio track. I can't figure out why. My only theory is that once you record your MIDI into an audio track that's it....You can't re-use it with another audio track. There must be something I am missing because the green MIDI region still appears on the screen and you can still see the "dashes" which leads me to believe that the region is still usable. Please help me figure out.

My only theory is that once you record your MIDI into an audio track that's it....You can't re-use it with another audio track.

No no that theory isn't right. The MIDI track has no "memory" of what you've done with its MIDI data in the past. It's just a dumb track with MIDI events on it. Press play and it will route its MIDI events wherever you decided they should be routed. Period.

Have you checked and made sure that the new audio track you've created has the same input settings as the other one?

Yes, my input settings were the same. In this case I was using Input 2. I even switched my cord coming from the L/H mono output of my Korg M-50 to Input 1 and changed the audio track to Input 1 in the DAW but still no sound. In the past, I have occasionally had trouble with LP9 as well as LPX recognizing my audio interface so I will go ahead and reboot my entire system and see if it corrects itself. That has usually been the fix for it in the past. Thank you so much for your response.

Archived