skip cycle issue

dotts2

Hi This is my first post here.

I am having a problem with the skip cycle function when using midi instruments where notes are delayed in the next region when the skip cycle reaches the end. The function works fine with audio. For the midi instrument to skip seamlessly the track has to be selected but if there are other midi instruments that is not possible. Anyone have this problem?

Logic Pro x 10.1 macbook pro 2.2 i7 8 gig ram apogee ensemble.

his is my first post here.

Welcome to Logic Pro Help! :D

notes are delayed in the next region when the skip cycle reaches the end

I've tried but can't seem to reproduce what you describe. Here if I have notes overlapping the beginning of the skip cycle, and whether or not they also overlap the end of the skip cycle, all those notes stop sounding at the beginning of the skip cycle even if the software instrument track is not selected.

Feel free to compress and attach your Logic project to this thread so we can look at it. It helps if you can attach a copy of your project where you only keep the problem track(s) and region(s), and give instructions to reproduce the unexpected behavior. To compress, control-click it in the Finder and choose Compress to get a .zip file. To attach, click Upload attachment at the bottom of your post box when replying to this thread.

Thanks David,

Attached is a project as an example of the issue. Audio skips ok but the midi instruments transition from the skipped area is not - if that track is not selected. This happens with drummer (not in the attached project) but even selecting its track does not solve the timing issues.

Not a major issue but still far from ideal for me. I have googled the issue and someone mentioned a bug that showed up in logic 9.8.1 but otherwise no mention of a problem with skip cycle.

logic test.zip

Thanks David that sorted it out somewhat . I also noticed if i don't set the cycle pre processing off the skip cycle function doesn't skip smoothly. Try it yourself with the project i uploaded

1 Select a audio track in the main (arrangement) window.

2 Define a skip cycle on the cavern kit instrument and solo it.

3 Set the cycle pre processing to anything other than off. Play the part. When i do this it doesn't skip smoothly.

4 Select the Cavern kit instrument track in the main window and it skips properly.

5 Deselect the skip cycle range and set the cycle pre processing to off. Reselect the skip cycle range go back a and play the part . The skip should be smooth now whatever track you have selected.

According to the manual it says

"A value of 1/96 (chosen by default) should be suitable for most uses."

Not on my system! anyone know whats going on. ? Maybe its my hardware but i doubt it.

With regard to a drummer track i can't get those to skip seamlessly at all ! Can anyone confirm this.

Archived