A new demo song snippet (input requested)

DDDBBB212

As per my previous posts, I am not a professional musician, and I am pretty new to Logic Pro and Logic Pro X.

The demo song (”snippet”) you will hear below was recorded by me last week. The idea (e.g ”tune”) just came up one day, and I recorded each track in one take, without editing any of it afterwards (quantising, editing notes etc). The drum track is from Logic Pro X and I used the ”Deep Puncy Lows” on the output track giving it some additional feel.

As mentioned, being an amateur, I would appreciate any input, not necessarily with regards to the composition, but with regards to the mixing/mastering of the song. Any particular issue(s) I should improve on?

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

PS: Sorry about the 4 second silence at the start of the song....

Sounds like music for a television commercial. Don't take that as a put down. Take that as a compliment. I really like it. It's the kind of Sh@#T that i wish I could come up with.

I definately dont take it as a put down, as I do share your opinion on the matter. Its just that I sometimes dont have the patience to construct a full 3-4 minute song, and mostly record snippets or half-finished songs. The basic idea is there, but as I dont have any people around me who can give me feedback I decided to share my music here.

I am glad to see that you liked this little compositon and below another example of a very very short idea I had the other day. Would love to hear your feedback! I know it needs work, but again, my songs are played with all instruments in one take and no editing or quantising.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Again, very attractive sounding just need to make it longer as you said and give it a change of some kind to give the listener something different to listen to. Curious how you did the backing vocals on this one. Are they real mic'd vocals?

@reddvette

The choir is actually a sound you can select in the ”choir” section of Logic ProX. In this case I just played two notes (G and C) and the sound of the choir is very rich in my opinion.

Will try to work on this song again and make it longer :)

Archived