Cheap wireless speaker setup

Hey y'all i was hoping you can help me figure out a decent wireless speaker setup, on a serious budget.

I was considering the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 speakers (http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Audio-Studiophile-Speakers-Professional-Creation/dp/B005625CNM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375735318&sr=8-2&keywords=monitor+speakers).

Is there any simple way yo make them wireless, so I can work off my laptop and not need to have to connect a wire across my room. I was hoping maybe the Apple Airport Extreme might facilitate this but I am not sure. Id rather not splash out on an Airplay enabled amplifier/receiver as these cost £300-400 and are a bit redundant given the said speakers are self powered.

Thanks

Many thanks,

I want to do 2 things, both of them driven by my MBP:

1. Mix music in logic pro, im not professional, it is just a hobby

2. Listen to my music library via iTunes

I'd much prefer not to have to plug in a cable every time I want to do either of these, ideally there is a simple wireless solution.

Many thanks

Hey, I only forgot to turn it off twice. :lol:

Charlie, you give no information on your current setup, but even if you have a system that is more robust than mine (possible enough, as mine is well on in years in computer terms), I can't imagine being able to wirelessly work in Logic and have it remain practical. I assume you're not using an external audio interface, because you wouldn't be able to use that with AirPlay… As a hobby, you may be able to get away with it, but unless someone can offer experience to the contrary, I wouldn't recommend it for more than listening to iTunes.

Archived