'Loop' function buggy? or me doing something wrong?weird

adam2007

Hey, im new to logic pro. Ive been doing all my work on nuendo on a pc, and just converted to a mac pro and Logic Pro. I am having trouble with some crashing and bugs here and there.

My main problem right now is the 'loop' function in this project i am working on. I made around 4 midi performances, and 'looped' them with no problem. Now i just did another 2 midi performances and i put my mouse in the spot for the 'loop' function to show up with that symbol, but that symbol wont come up on these new midi tracks i have just made. However, the 'loop' function on the first 4 midi tracks i made still works. i dont know if this is a bug or me. If i click the 'loop' checkmark to enable looping for the *new* tracks i have made, it loops all the way to end of the song marker. At this point I cannot shorten the loop unless i shorten the end of the song, cant do that.

If i click off the loop checkmark, and put my mouse in the spot to loop, top rite of the end of the region. The symbol doesnt show up. Why??

Plz help

thanks

-adam

Hey, thanks for replying..

How do you reset the preferences?

btw, im only having this problem in this one project file. In other smaller projects, when i click on the region and try to loop it it works fine.

Either i screwed something up in this file, or this file has gone corrupt.

i dont know..

Thanks for the advice...

just wondering why this is happening?

Are they any updates that i might need that might fix these issues that im missing maybe?

im running osx 10.4.8 on a brand new(bought last month) intel mac pro. i was told to stay with 10.4.8 cuz 4.9 has problems.i dont know...

Also, i am getting crashes quite often in logic and i can read the report. Is there anyone from apple that we can send our error reports to and they can tell us wats going on.

thanks

-adam

Hey everyone, if anyones having this problem, i figured it out!, its actually not a problem, wat happens is if u zoom out too much in the arrange window, the function will not show up when u put ur mouse in the spot to loop. JUST ZOOM IN A LITTLE.. lol

:)