The Hyper editor

bbsounds

Hi, So far I have searched the forums and found numerous info on the hyper editor and learned so much but I still do not understand why this does not work as I would expect it to. example , why is it that when I select a lane, (the snare) and change its existing 1/16 note to 1/192 so I can move the existing snares to where i want ,it will still only move them as if they were still set to 1/16... I thought that if I changed the note value from 1/16 to a higher note value to 1/96 or 1/192 I could just move the individual note for that lane to its higher resolution position to create a snare roll but I cant. I can only draw the new position in. Why cant I just drag the existing note to its new position?

I hope I was clear and explained my self ok?

thanks in advance.

thank you for that quick reply but I did do what you said its just that when I change the note resolution (from 1/16 to 1/192) its becomes even more difficult to select the note let alone move it to a new position and still I am only able to move it ( if I can grab it in that resolution) to 1/16 anyways. I just dont know what I am missing.

Thanks

Where are you adjusting the note resolution? You should be adjusting the grid of that event's "track" in the parameter box on the hyper editor... note the format/division of the song.

Yes, I am adjusting the grid in the hyper editors parameter box. The strange thing is I can only create new notes to the new grid resolution but I cant change the position/location of the existing notes to the new grid settings.

thanks again

I got it!... I totally missed what you said in you last Post (note the format division of the song) so I changed the /16 underneath the 4/4 in the transport to 192 and now I am able to adjust the notes accordingly to the grid. ... jeepers what a steeeeeep learning curve. Thank you