Audio tricks With Sound FX ?????

meathman

Hi,

I have been trying to make various sound effects sync to tempo in logic..... The way I have been doing this is- Taking a sound effect (with multiple transients that must be synced) Applying strip silence (to chop it up), and then quantizing in the event list.

My problem is- i am getting these audible gaps. My question is- does anyone know a way to get a sound fx (like the one attached) to sync to tempo easier? Using time compression in my case wont work since im trying to sync multiple hits in 1 audio file (I know pitch 'n time has a guide function that allows TC/E between defined hit points- like ableton live). And Is there a Soothing function im missing in Logic (like beat detective has in Pro Tools?)

I.E.- Is there another or easier way to do this?

Attached are audio files. Thanks

ROCK Original .aif.zip

Rock SYNCED 120 BPM.aif.zip

Try cutting the region at the transients, and move each chunk to the place you want the transient to happen. Open up or shorten the various regions between the transients to fill in the gaps you are talking about. This will require a bit of trial and error and listening - based on your clip, the sounds you are working with are relatively complex and you will need to work a bit to get them to sound natural. Experiment with crossfading the borders of regions between the transients to try to achieve the smoothing effect that you are looking for. You may even be able to copy static (sustained) portions of the file and crossfade the copies together for a stretching sort of effect...

I would use Live to do something like this, however...

Best, Marcel

Sorry - shorten when you are compressing time, open up when expanding...

Really what you are filling the gaps with is copies (one way or another) of the audio surrounding the gaps.

Not perfect, but the only real alternative to time stretching...

Best, Marcel