Bounce reason rewire audio?

bbsounds

Hi I have a question. I have reason 305 and logic 7.2.3 .961.9. I rewired reason to logic pro 7 as per Macprovideo.com reason 101 and everything works like a charm but I am not sure on one thing. After I record a midi track into logic from reason , How do I export or bounce the midi in logics arrange window? I cant bounce the reasons rewire track like I could a logic instrument track. Why?

See, what I want to do is export the midi arrangements from reasons rewire channel to an audio file in logic .

thanks

Thank you. One more question. I moved from nuendo 3 to logic pro and Nuendo has a nice feature I thought logic would have. I would like to know if I can do this same thing in logic . In nuendo, I can export a midi track (soloed) and it automatically adds it to into the arrange window but in logic I have to search for where it has been exported to and re-import the exported file it into logic. What I want to know Is-Is there some kind of macro or automated way of doing this in logic?

Thanks again

What are you trying to achieve that you have to export a MIDI region to reimport it right after in Nuendo?

If you simply want to consolidate the MIDI Region as one long region, you can add empty regions at the top and end of the song and select them all, and choose Regions > Merge > Regions.

Or ... what else are you trying to do?

I am sorry. what I meant was, In nuendo, after you record a midi event in the arrangement you can export (bounce) the midi to an audio file and the bounced audio file for that midi track is placed right underneath the midi track in the arrangement window. Where as in logic , you need to go into the folder you exported the file to and re-import it back in to logic as a audio file. I hope I was clear on this one. But This feature of nuendo Is pretty neat. I just thought logic had such a thing.

Just solo both the MIDI ReWire track and the Audio ReWire track and bounce.

On the bounce screen you can choose 'Add to audio window' underneath all the formatting drop-down menus. While this won't add the bounced file directly to the arrange window, it will import it back into your project so you don't have to dig through finder. Just access it from global menu Audio > Audio Window and drag it onto your arrange window.

. In nuendo, I can export a midi track (soloed) and it automatically adds it to into the arrange window but in logic I have to search for where it has been exported to and re-import the exported file it into logic. What I want to know Is-Is there some kind of macro or automated way of doing this in logic?

Thanks again

No, Logic does not have this simple feature.

It's one of my main wish list features.

Nor does it have Macros, as we are used to in SX/Nuendo.

When bouncing your file, set your locators to the whole region... then make sure you do have the box checked to add the file to your Audio Window.

Right after bouncing, create an audio track, set your SPL to your left locator... then Apple+click your bounced file in the Audio Window, and it will be placed on your new audio track, right at your left locator... right where it came from (timing wise).

Sometimes, when creating... I do this 50 times in a couple hours. The time adds up!

That step is indeed needed ... if you want to bring your newly bounced file... right back into the same place it was bounced from. (at the left locator....)

Otherwise, how does Logic know where is goes, timing wise.. when you Apple+click?

Or is there a quick way to do that?

Thanks David.

I just place it manually where the original region is. Don't all your region start on a downbeat? Mine do. That makes it very easy to snap the bounced file in the same place without having to worry about locators.

But like you said, for your workflow if you do that 50 times a day, you might find it easier to use Key Commands to set your locators by Region... it's just from your explanation it looked like it was a necessary step to bounce just the Region, which it isn't.

Yea, this step is only if you intend to re-import the file back to the Arrange.

Not just to bounce. (99% of the time for me).

I guess many of my regions do start at a downbeat, but I just hit "P" to set locators first B4 bounce. It saves me any worry about my region start point, snap setting & zooming etc.

I can live w/o this feature to bounce into Arrange page, but I would bet $ that they included it on the next version.

Make me so happy! :lol: