Logic surround/stereo changed with Melodyne audio file

jake benson

Whenever I import an audio file into Logic that I bounced from Melodyne, for some reason the stereo/surrond sound changes and I can't figure out what exactly changed. I looked through all the EQ/surround settings I can find and they seem untouched. The individual stereo/mono files on each track seems to be unchanged too.

Is there some presetting in surround/EQ/pan that Melodyne changes up when I open it? Any other feats in Logic I can experiment with to see if I can save my song?

Here's a link to what I'm referring to:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i2tdjm

The first part is an older song I picked. The first 8 measures are normal, but the second 8 measures is what it sounded like after I brought in a random audio file that was bounced from Melodyne. It sounds like the low and high end got shaved off!

The second part is the song I had been working on. The first 8ish measures is what it sounded like before I used Melodyne and the last 8 measures counts is what it sounded like after. Although I had been working on it a lot between the first and later 8 measures, it sounds like the bass and kick are muffled (or turned from mono to stereo?) and no matter what I try to adjust in Logic, they won't get any better.

Thanks for any help!

-jake

Whenever I import an audio file into Logic that I bounced from Melodyne, for some reason the stereo/surrond sound changes and I can't figure out what exactly changed. I looked through all the EQ/surround settings I can find and they seem untouched. The individual stereo/mono files on each track seems to be unchanged too.

Is there some presetting in surround/EQ/pan that Melodyne changes up when I open it? Any other feats in Logic I can experiment with to see if I can save my song?

Here's a link to what I'm referring to:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i2tdjm

The first part is an older song I picked. The first 8 measures are normal, but the second 8 measures is what it sounded like after I brought in a random audio file that was bounced from Melodyne. It sounds like the low and high end got shaved off!

The second part is the song I had been working on. The first 8ish measures is what it sounded like before I used Melodyne and the last 8 measures counts is what it sounded like after. Although I had been working on it a lot between the first and later 8 measures, it sounds like the bass and kick are muffled (or turned from mono to stereo?) and no matter what I try to adjust in Logic, they won't get any better.

Thanks for any help!

-jake

Questions that come to mind:

Did you do the original recording in Logic and then edit with Melodyne?

If you are recording in Melodyne, then why are you bringing it into Logic?

Can you bring the files from Melodyne into Logic before bouncing?

What type of files does Melodyne save as?

Lgoic probably won't be much help advising you on another product and likewise, neither will Celemony but it won't hurt to try.

Also are you using Rewire?

"...How do I get the audio material I have edited using Melodyne back into the host sequencer?

When Melodyne is running in ReWire Client Mode or else integrated into the host sequencer using the MelodyneBridge or Melodyne plugin, its audio material is available in the host mixer. Use the 'Render' function (sometimes called 'Bounce' or 'Audio Mixdown') to create a new audio file of the signal coming from Melodyne. A distinction has to be made here between offline and real-time rendering. The real-time version always works but is slow. Whether or not the offline variation is available depends upon the plug-in implementation of the host sequencer. We recommend, however, the use of the real-time version."