hookin decks to mac for recording in logic 7.2

mikeman

i have an M audio 410 and i want to record my mixes from my decks into logic. i have two phonos coming out of the mixer, on the other end of the cable is two jacks. the only way i can think to do it is by putting the two jacks into the mic inputs. but its clips a lot when i want to turn up the volume, cud i put them into the two line inputs at the back of the 410? if so how would i go about recording and gettin sound out of my monitors in logic?

on your dj mixer use the record out or monitor outs to go into the 410's line inputs on the back of the device.

in logic choose the appropriate channel that the 410's lines are ex. in 3 in 4.

now in logic your going to have to change the tempo to somewhere around 20 to 40 bpm, and then you have to check maximum recording time in the recording preferences. get there by pushing the A button when in logic.

my suggestion would be to use something like Audacity or some other stereo recording software to record your mixes then put them in Logic. Audacity is free so no cost to you, and you will have better results because you do not have to tweak the application. what i mean is logic has a bar limit, and a dj mix can go well past that limit. this is why you have to change the tempo down to a really low bpm.

that is pretty much the entire package. go get Audacity. setup the dj mixer into the m-audio 410 via the monitor or record out into the line inputs on the back of the 410. in the recording application choose the input channels you used on the 410 and record.