Bypassing insert mutes my aux: multi-channel instrument

JT3_Jon

Hello everyone,

I have setup a multi-channel instrument with Kontakt 2 following the wonderful template here: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=3017. Now, I dont know what I did, but for some reason whenever I bypass an insert on one of these aux tracks (e.g. a reverb, EQ, anything) the Kontakt itself is also bypassed! Obviously this is VERY annoying when waiting to A/B effects, etc.

It looks like the problem was created when I "copy-pasted" the original routing in the effort of easily creating more K2 multis. I then tried creating a new K2 multi by hand, and it wont even play!

I'm at a loss at what to do next. I would love to use the functionality your template provides, but I need to use more than one K2 instance.

I have attached a quick "song" I threw together to demonstrate the problem. You will notice if you mute the guitar amp plugin in the 2nd K2 multi, it bypasses the entire Kontakt multi! However, bypassing effects in the original K2 multi (e.g. the compression on the bass) works as expected. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help and reply! It is very much appreciated.

Kontakt2_Mute.lso

Edited by JT3_Jon

I've looked at your song and was able to reproduce the strange behavior. It seems to be caused by the feedback cable (yellow) from the Aux to the multi-instrument, ie. if you delete this cable the problem disappears. Generally you can delete all those feedback cables without loosing basic functionality, you just loose the feedback from the Aux faders to the MIDI faders (if they exist).

yeah, I discovered that too. I was hoping to keep the feedback behavior, as I personally find it easier to automate volume/pan information from the midi track, rather than having a bunch of auxes in my arrange page.

This does work as a work around for now though. Thank you!

yeah, I discovered that too. I was hoping to keep the feedback behavior, as I personally find it easier to automate volume/pan information from the midi track, rather than having a bunch of auxes in my arrange page.

This would still work without the feedback cables. The feedback cables allow you to work the other way around: tweaking the Aux level or pan will update the position of the level and pan knobs on the subchannels of the multi.