1 gig memory limit in 5.5.1???

flexagon

i've been reading about this 1 gig memory limit in 5.5.1 (wtf were they thinking at emagic!) can anyone list the ways to workaround this or point to a clear instruction of how to do it?

the only thing that's a problem for me is merging audio, i get the 'memory full result code 108' message.

will apple ever do a windows version again?

I use 1 gig because I was advised not to go beyond that in order to avoid problems with 5.5.1.

But, I was in a studio recently where the producer was running 5.5.1 on a PC with 2 gigs of RAM with no work-around, and Logic runs perfectly!

It seems quite random to me.

• 3 months later...

Yep! I had 2 gig in and had to pull 1 gig out as it wont let you perform a lot of functions like wont let you import midi songs via import . you get error message like cannot creat song something along those lines.You can however do drag n drop into the arrange window via windows explorer, but the tempo will be out. not like importing a song and everthing clocks up.

Its a shame that logic left us out to dry with P.C users. :? cheers three2one

Hi three2one and welcome to the group.

It's good to see there are still a few of us using the Emagic version on a PC. [Don't feel so all alone in the world. :)]

I run it on XP Home Edition - SP2, on a non-internet computer loaded only with music programs, and it runs rock-solid. I've had a couple of hangs caused by the occasional VST Plug-in or Instrument that Logic doesn't like, but I remove the offending plug, and everything works fine.

Yeah, it would be nice if Apple did a PC version of Logic someday. It would be great to upgrade without the expense of a new computer and d/a interface.

Later,

• 3 weeks later...