Why is my Summing stacks option Greyed out

deeezbeats
Go to solution Solved by deeezbeats,

• 3 years later...
Figured it out now i just had to click on preferences>advanced toolds and click a couple boxes

Edit: Also instruments that come in folder options already such as glass dancer and dynamic string ensemble wont work.

Hi Deeez.... suffering this myself.... which couple of boxes in particular please, as I can't see any directly relevant? Thanks, Rik (Logic 10.2.4)

Hi Deeez.... suffering this myself.... which couple of boxes in particular please, as I can't see any directly relevant? Thanks, Rik (Logic 10.2.4)

Just select them all. Those options checkboxes are for hiding some Logic Pro features (when the boxes are unselected). By keeping all those boxes always selected, you always have access to Logic's full feature set, which means you'll never have to ask that question again.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/2/2020 at 2:15 AM, twistiejoe said:

I don’t have any summing tracks but I have a bunch of stacked tracks. I need to keep those stacked tracks. Can I not put everything into a sum track? I need to do a bunch of editing and I have a project with 500 tracks ... it is going to take me forever to get it edited the way it is. What can I do?

This is probably a bit late for this, but a summing stack is just a nice UI for a BUS of all the tracks in it.  If you can't create a summing stack of your tracks, you can still manually make a BUS of all them to apply all the editing to the group at once on the BUS channel.  
Again, the UI isn't as nice since you can't collapse them/make them drop down like it was  track stack, but it still has the same effect.  Could maybe color-code the BUS track with the tracks bussed to it for clarity even though you can't collapse them?