Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to get the book today only to find out theres a new version next month!

Do you reckon Peachpress would update my purchase when its out if i pulled the trigger and got started today on the 10.0 version?

Just a quick note say that i passed the Logic Pro X exam (95%). In the end due to the last minute closure of the facility hosting the course I decided to take the exam and just hope that my own prep with the book was enough.

Can't say thanks enough to to David for the great book and answering any questions along the way and thanks to everyone else who has posted exam info in this thread and past threads, all the advice was extremely helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you David for all the help thru the years. I'm looking into getting certified and I just want to have and idea of what the actual test looks like.Im lost as to how the process goes. Also if you can reccomend a place to train in the chicago area.

Bayrex

From my experience there was a surprising amount of graphics (it had been mentioned before on forum but still surprised me). Its multiple choice and you can go back and fwd between questions and mark for review etc.

A lot of the question are formatted like "Where would you click to solo this track" and then you see a graphic and you would click on the solo button on track header. (The questions are more difficult, that just an easy example).

Have you read the apple documentation/guide on the exam? Its very helpful in preparing you the logistics of test are, pass marks, time etc

I purchased the iBook verson of the 10.1 book and can't find the "Where are the lesson files" section. I just redownloaded to make sure that I have the latest version of the book. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've worked through a couple of sections without the lesson files and couldn't be more pleased. It's exactly what I needed to get going with Logic.

I purchased the iBook verson of the 10.1 book and can't find the "Where are the lesson files" section. I just redownloaded to make sure that I have the latest version of the book. Any help would be much appreciated.

That information should be contained in the "Getting Started" section of the book, or in the last few pages of the book?

Thanks for the reply, David. The "Getting Started" section says that an access code is available on the "Where are the Lesson Files" page. I conducted a search on "lesson files" and found no such page or section.

is there a release date for the german book of version 10.1 ?

I am in general not aware of release dates for localized editions.

Thank you for the quick reply. I contacted the publisher of your book. Hopefully there will be a release soon.

Thanks for the reply, David. The "Getting Started" section says that an access code is available on the "Where are the Lesson Files" page. I conducted a search on "lesson files" and found no such page or section.

Did you have a look at the last few pages of the book? If you still can't find it, I would recommend you contact the publisher, they'll help you locate the information.

Thanks, David. I did look at the last few pages of the book. I will contact Peachpit. I take it that they didn't provide you with a copy of the iBook. If there's anyone out there who has the 10.1 iBook and the lesson files, I would appreciate it if you would post the location of the access code in the iBook (not the access code itself, of course).

Hi David,

I had already purchased your Logic Pro X apple certified training series book.

However my new Macbook Pro came with a Logic Pro version 10.1.1

Do I need to purchase your latest offering Logic Pro X 10.1 ? or will your Logic Pro X book be enough.

Am asking this because am a little strung up for cash right now..

also am a total newbie to music production...home studio setup etc.

My goals:

1. Do an Apple certification for Logic Pro X

2. Produce pure trance music like they used to make in the late 90's or early 2000's

Regards,

Indrajit Benegal

Hi David,

I had already purchased your Logic Pro X apple certified training series book.

However my new Macbook Pro came with a Logic Pro version 10.1.1

Do I need to purchase your latest offering Logic Pro X 10.1 ? or will your Logic Pro X book be enough.

Am asking this because am a little strung up for cash right now..

also am a total newbie to music production...home studio setup etc.

My goals:

1. Do an Apple certification for Logic Pro X

2. Produce pure trance music like they used to make in the late 90's or early 2000's

Regards,

Indrajit Benegal

Hi Indrajit, While for a good chunk of the material in the book, you could get away with using the original Logic Pro X book with Logic 10.1, I wouldn't recommend it as it may turn into a frustrating experience, where you no longer know wether something doesn't work as described in the book because that thing has changed between 10.0 and 10.1, or because you forgot a step or setting. If you want to take the Apple Certification test then you definitely need the latest 10.1 update, as that's the book that was used to create the current Apple Certification Test.

Hope that helps!

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it !!. It has clarified my doubts. :-)

I am ordering for the 10.1 book right away.

David I really need your help for these 3 queries I have. I have gone from pillar to post but have not got the answer to these 3 questions. I am so worried because I have invested in all this equipment from my savings and currently am in-between jobs so if anything happens to the equipment I am basically done for. I am sure you will be able to help me answer my queries.

My first Home Studio: The equipment I purchased: Yet to connect waiting for the Monoprice cables :

1. Macbook Pro i5 2.5 GHZ $ GB RAM ( OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)

2. Alesis Elevate 5 active speakers

3. Presonus Audiobox iTwo

4. Novation Impulse 49 key MIDI keyboard

5. Logic Pro X 10.1.1

I have 3 queries:

1. Do I connect and setup the Presonus with Logic Pro X before I connect the Novation MIDI key board or should I do it the other way round..that is connect the and set up the MIDI controller first and then the Presonus preamp.

2. Will the 2 USB ports of my Macbook wqill have enough power to power both the USB cables

a.) one from the Presonus audiobox iTwo

b.) one from the novation Impulse 49 Key MIDI keyboard contoller

3. Will a 360 Watts/600 VA/ 160 Joules be enough to power and surge protect these both for 5 mins(at least):

a) My macbook pro ( magsafe adapter 60W) - with both Novation MIDI and the presonus connected to the macbook thru USB

b) Alesis Elevate 5 speakers

Can I purchase the below UPS safely ?

http://www.amazon.in/APC-Back-UPS-BX600CI-IN-UPS-600VA/dp/B00G0NWXWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434521313&sr=8-1&keywords=APC+UPS

Thanx a ton in advance...eagerly awaiting you reply...and If you have any other suggestions as well before I connect all the equipment would also be very much welcome !!

Many Thanks !!

Regards,

Indrajit Benegal