Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

Only thing is I've already installed the legacy etc with the additional content, which when I started reading your book said not to, is there away to uninstall legacy ? or should I just continue with your book as is?

Just let it be.

The legacy content is great. The only thing that you will see is that your Library and Loop Browser won't be corresponding exactly with the one on the screen shots.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Drum Machine Designer is only available for electronic styes of music, correct?

Correct when working with Drummer. But you could create a software instrument track, choose Drum Machine Designer from the Instrument slot and use it for whatever genre you'd like, programming MIDI as usual.

Otherwise, Drum Kit Designer is used?

For Drummer tracks, yes.

Would you mind explaining the difference between the two?

Basically Drum Kit Designer emulates a real acoustic drum kit, whereas Drum Machine Designer emulates electronic drum machines. You choose one or the other depending on the style you're after, for example for 80s pop rock you may want a drum machine, but for blues rock you'd choose a drum kit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey sorry guys, I think I'm finally going to buy the book after years of procrastination, but I'm a little confused. I can't seem to find the link for the updated version of the book. Is there one? Or is the title just the same, "logic pro training series 10.1" but it is updated for 10.2?

Or is there no 10.2 additions. I would like to get my head around alchemy a little more.

Will buy the iBook either way. Hoping for the 10.2 additions though.

cheers, and great work.

Or is the title just the same, "logic pro training series 10.1" but it is updated for 10.2?

Or is there no 10.2 additions. I would like to get my head around alchemy a little more.

cheers, and great work.

Yes, the title of the book hasn't changed but it comes with the 10.2 updates. It does not, however, cover Alchemy.

• 3 weeks later...
Or is the title just the same, "logic pro training series 10.1" but it is updated for 10.2?

cheers, and great work.

Yes, the title of the book hasn't changed but it comes with the 10.2 updates. It does not, however, cover Alchemy.

Hi!

Does this apply both for the physical edition and the ibook?

Amazon claims the book was last updated in June 17th 2015, and 10.2 was released late August?

Does this apply both for the physical edition and the ibook?

Amazon claims the book was last updated in June 17th 2015, and 10.2 was released late August?

The 10.2 update created only a few minor changes in the instructions from the 10.1 book, so the publisher released a pdf documents outlining those minor changes on September 18th, 2015. The pdf is downloaded when you download the media used for completing the exercises in the book. You can also download the pdf directly using the following link:

http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/imprint_downloads/peachpit/peachpit/bookreg/9780134185736/LogicProX10-1_Errata_Updates_v10-2_09182015.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
Mr. Nahmani, I'm having a really hard time finding information that delineates the differences (if any) between your book on Logic Pro X 10.1 and David Dvorin's book "Logic Pro X Advanced Audio Production." Is one more "in depth" than the other?

My book lays down the basics of audio recording, audio editing, MIDI recording, MIDI programming, MIDI editing, mixing, automation, time and pitch manipulation... while David Dvorin's builds up upon that knowledge and explores more advanced MIDI and Audio editing, how to use the different instrument's parameters, advanced mixing techniques etc... so basically it takes everything one step further. I definitely recommend going through the books in order (mine first, David Dvorin's next).

Well... tomorrow! Just received the first copy. :D Click here to buy it.

Follow the book on Facebook! => http://www.facebook.com/logicprobook

[attachment=0]book101.jpg[/attachment]

UPDATE: Download the 10.2 book update (PDF).

Hi David.

Just a question about the updated book. When I follow the link you posted, I can only find the book for 10.1. Am I missing something?

Also, will there be an update to the book for 10.2.1?

Thanks.

Just a question about the updated book. When I follow the link you posted, I can only find the book for 10.1. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything: the book's latest printed update was 10.1, therefore the name of the book is still 10.1. However, a 10.2 update pdf file was published by peachpit, you can download it under the "Updates" tab at http://www.peachpit.com/store/apple-pro-training-series-logic-pro-x-10.1-professional-9780134185736

Also, will there be an update to the book for 10.2.1?

We are most likely going to release a new pdf update for 10.2.1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I am enjoying this book thoroughly, working through it cover to cover and finding that the lesson files are complete and the concepts are clearly presented and in an orderly fashion. A great learning system. Logic Pro X seems to be worthy of 'taking it from the top' and learning it all over again, even if you've used older versions of Logic Pro, LPX is a whole new environment with all new and well-designed controls. Lovin' It! Good Job Apple and Good Job David. Highly Recommended.

The 'David Nahmani' book on Logic Pro X is incredibly good. A minor point that can be searched out as it is simply good to have the errata in the first place... I would like to see the errata, because it is referencing page numbers in the printed version, would somehow indicate where the references fall (maybe by specific topic being referenced) for the iPad version, which does not follow the page numbers of the printed book. For instance, page 338 referenced in the errata for Lesson 7 in the printed book where page 338 in the iPad version falls within Lesson 4.

The 'David Nahmani' book on Logic Pro X is incredibly good. A minor point that can be searched out as it is simply good to have the errata in the first place... I would like to see the errata, because it is referencing page numbers in the printed version, would somehow indicate where the references fall (maybe by specific topic being referenced) for the iPad version, which does not follow the page numbers of the printed book. For instance, page 338 referenced in the errata for Lesson 7 in the printed book where page 338 in the iPad version falls within Lesson 4.

That should be an easy fix.... hmmm... I'll try to add that info in the Errata.

Such a good book David. It's obvious the endless hours you have invested in this book. It never breaks stride, every subject is covered faithfully with great material examples and with detail needed for success for the person needing an introduction to these concepts. The errata is a necessary companion and I appreciate your doing whatever can help make searching out the fixes easier, no matter which version is being used, print or electronic.

• 1 month later...
Possible error? No biggy but ...

No, no error there.

Page 276, Lesson 6 Step 10 [at the end] "now use the Pencil tool, your current Commander-click tool, to create notes.'

The Command-click tool is set at as Marquee tool at this stage.

Page 276, Lesson 6 Step 10, the Command-click tool is set to the Pencil tool in the Piano Roll (each area has its own set of tools) which is where you create the notes. You can see the tool assignment in the Piano Roll title bar in the screenshot above the text.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I purchased the Logic Pro X Professional Music Production book in June 2014 and finally after finishing my degree I am getting round to use it.

The question I have is do I need all the update files or does the latest update have all the information from the previous updates included?

The last update file that I possess is LogicProXv10_0_7Update_20140531

If anyone could please advise it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

D4