Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

Is there any way to update the book to incorporate the errata?

Thanks! I just dislike reading a printed out .pdf file and correlating that to the ebook.

A lot of the errata was already included in the electronic version of the book, but some of the errata may have been produced after the electronic book was revised. In that case you'll still need to check a few things in the errata as you read the book. Unfortunately that's what happens when a company continues to modify software while you're writing a book about it! :(

So is this book a biginners guide? Or is it more extensive?

I've been using Logic for years so don't really need anything that teaches you the basics. I am, however, looking for a general reference book that covers all aspects of the application (printed, not PDF, so no suggestions to read the manual please).

So is this book a biginners guide? Or is it more extensive?

It's a book made of 10 lessons, each lesson is a series of step by step exercises. It comes with all the Logic project session files used to complete the exercises. You can download a free lesson (Lesson 4) to check it out for yourself: click "Sample Content" toward the bottom of that page: http://www.peachpit.com/store/apple-pro-training-series-logic-pro-x-professional-9780321967596

Is there plans for a revised version of your book, now that 10.1 is out? Will the update affect the end user exam at all?

Hi Alba,

Still in talks with my publisher and Apple Training, but there should be a new book out soon, and with it a new end user exam. For now the trainings and exam are still based on the current 10.0.7 book.

Decided to start with the current book, it will be easier to learn this inside out and then just spend a week or so learning the updated material (I hope!).

I have to say though the book is awesome, so much better than I expected, I thought it would be a real effort to force myself through it but actually enjoying it and get the added bonus of learning along the way!!!

I'm going to be travelling a fair distance to sit the exam and I'm really keen to pass first time (it's not cheap to travel) so does anyone know of any LPX example tests I can practice on? I have been using the book questions but noticed someone mentioned the test is harder.

Thanks

I have to say though the book is awesome, so much better than I expected, I thought it would be a real effort to force myself through it but actually enjoying it and get the added bonus of learning along the way!!!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed working with the book! :D

I'm going to be travelling a fair distance to sit the exam and I'm really keen to pass first time (it's not cheap to travel) so does anyone know of any LPX example tests I can practice on? I have been using the book questions but noticed someone mentioned the test is harder.

Unfortunately there are no test exams for LPX as of now.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this book sitting on my bookshelf for 4 months and finally decided to commit and start the lessons this weekend. Wow! I'm actually amazed how bad habits I have created this past years using Logic. If I knew from the beginning how to do things the optimal way I would have saved myself many headaches :P

I have a question for the author though. In lesson 3 I had been having problems when I change the anchor file (didnt know that even existed, that's how revealing I find this book 8) ) from some regions. It happens that after I cant select the region or it disappears if I zoom or unzoom. It's just acting weirdly. Is this a known bug or something? I upgraded to Logic pro X past year, but havent started to using it till lately. I have 10.1 if that helps.

I have a question for the author though. In lesson 3 I had been having problems when I change the anchor file (didnt know that even existed, that's how revealing I find this book 8) ) from some regions. It happens that after I cant select the region or it disappears if I zoom or unzoom. It's just acting weirdly. Is this a known bug or something? I upgraded to Logic pro X past year, but havent started to using it till lately. I have 10.1 if that helps.

Yes, unfortunately using anchors with alignment guides is buggy in Logic. When I teach this exercise in class, half the students have it work fine and the other half have it acting buggy. :evil: