Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

David,

I just ordered your book, but I have a question in the mean time. I'm looking to synch the playback between Logic & Reaper to do some re-amping via the Axe Fx. Unfortunately, the axe fx affects all audio in the daw it's in, so I'm hoping to play a bounce of drums/bass and have that play in synch through another daw like Reaper, or even garage band so the two can play independently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advance!!!

I just ordered your book, but I have a question in the mean time.

Hope you enjoy the book! :)

As for your question, this is not the right place to ask it: please make sure you read our forum rules (Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting), enter your system info in your signature and start a new thread in the Logic forum, with a title that describes the topic you wish to discuss in that thread. Thank you!

I purchased the iBook verson of the 10.1 book and can't find the "Where are the lesson files" section. I just redownloaded to make sure that I have the latest version of the book. Any help would be much appreciated.

I just purchased the Kindle version of the 10.1 book and am experiencing the same issue. Cannot find the "Where are the lesson files" section or an access code.

I contacted Peachpit but don't expect to hear anything back until Monday.

Has anyone that has purchased an ebook version found the access code within?

Has anyone that has purchased an ebook version found the access code within?

Yes, some people told me they found the access code in the last few pages of the eBook.

I'm confident it will be worked out, but I have seen a bad review on both Amazon and iBooks related to this issue. Check out the Amazon review in particular.

Anyway, great job on the book! I'm only a few chapters in but I'm finding it well written and thought out. Kudos!

I'm confident it will be worked out, but I have seen a bad review on both Amazon and iBooks related to this issue. Check out the Amazon review in particular.

I know, I just saw that. :( I'll have to check with the publisher but in past editions of the book, some people went through the same issues unfortunately (here's an example). At least the publisher is helpful, so if you have issues, contact them! (http://www.peachpit.com/about/contact_us/)

Anyway, great job on the book! I'm only a few chapters in but I'm finding it well written and thought out. Kudos!

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you like the book! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

David, I'm curious. Does your new Logic 10.1 book cover mostly the new features, or does it include the information from the first Logic X book also? I'm finding that using your new book and the step-by-step lessons included has enabled me to learn much quicker compared to other "manuals".

So thank you for developing such a user-friendly and comprehensive way to learn about Logic for all levels. I gifted a copy of your book to a friend who is just starting out with making music on a computer. He is finally learning in a way where he can understand and grasp the beginning concepts of using such a powerful DAW!!

- xpander

Hi xpander,

Thank you for the kind words about my books! Truly appreciate it.

The 10.1 update is 85% similar to the original Logic Pro X book, which means that about 15% of the old material was shortened or removed and that 15% of the content was used to cover nearly all the new 10.1 features.

So basically if you're starting new with Logic 10.1 I would highly recommend you skip the original LPX book edition and go straight for the new LPX 10.1 book edition.

Hope that answers your question!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi David, i'm working my way avidly through your book. Any plans to update it to 10.2 now the patch is out? I'm doing lesson 5 and "joining Midi regions" section isn't there in the 10.2 patch. Is there a workaround for that now? Also i have the Kindle version, so will i be able to update that or will i have to buy again?

Many thanks

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi David , just received your book yesterday , post not the fastest here! Only thing is I've already installed the legacy etc with the additional content, which when I started reading your book said not to, is there away to uninstall legacy ? or should I just continue with your book as is? Appreciate your help, by the way book is written in a great way that even a newbie like me has hope!!!

many thanks

Jon