Logic Pro book by David Nahmani (Apple Pro Training Series)

David Nahmani

Latest message from Amazon UK

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on December 16 2013.

Nahmani, David "Apple Pro Training Series: Logic Pro X"

Estimated arrival date: January 22 2014 - February 04 2014

I'm thinking it might be quicker for me to get this book from elsewhere.

Nice work David.

I ordered mine on iBooks and not sure why people are saying its $50. I pre-ordered mine for only $35. Maybe it was a pre-order special price? Anyway, I'm enjoying it very much!

I have one a question and sorry if I missed it if was already answered, but normally Logic Pro books in the Apple Training Series come in two books; one for introduction and the other for more advanced techniques. Are there plans for a second Apple Training book for Logic Pro X?

Edit: Sorry, just read the other David's question about the advanced book and your reply a few posts up. Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear Amazon.co.uk is listing such a long wait time. I don't fully grasp Amazon's time schedule, but to me it seems like they're being overly conservative in their estimates.

@ Glenn F all of the media is new and therefore all of the exercises have been rewritten, however some of the concepts are the same (for example you record and edit audio pretty much the same way in LPX as you did in LP9, but the buttons may have changed names and the functions may be found under different menus now, for example you can choose the count-in by control-clicking the 123 button in the Control bar, which you couldn't in LP9). And a lot of the content is entirely new (Flex pitch, groove tracks, more score editor than in the previous book, Logic Remote, Smart Controls, Drummer, Drum Kit Designer, RetroSynth, etc etc....). So you'll be in familiar territory for some of the lessons, even if the exercises and the media used will be new, and you'll be discovering new things in some of the other lessons).

I got your book yesterday. Simple and to the point!

I just posted a thread about input monitoring because an issue arose when I was following along with the book. As far as I know, previous versions of Logic allow you to monitor when a track is record-enabled, regardless if Logic is at a stop, playing back, or recording. Your book says the same thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's only during recording that I can hear it, unless I've also got the Input Monitoring button pressed.

You can get around this by deselecting the Input Monitoring for focused/record-enabled tracks only option in Preferences, but the book has a screenshot of your settings 4 pages before with that option on.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Can't usually complain about Amazon.uk here as our orders usually arrive within three or even two days of our ordering. Not even over concerned about the delay in receiving my book, pre ordered at the end of November as there's plenty to get on with. The forum is well busy with info to keep me occupied.

Bad news that they have got the book listed in the wrong place two years on the trot. :shock:

I'm sorry to hear Amazon.co.uk is listing such a long wait time. I don't fully grasp Amazon's time schedule, but to me it seems like they're being overly conservative in their estimates.

Yeah, I've never had this problem before with Amazon. Whenever I've pre-ordered in the past it normally arrives on the day of release - if I'm lucky it might even get here the day before. No worries though, I've re-ordered it through the Amazon marketplace and I've been given a delivery estimate of January 4th.

I got your book yesterday. Simple and to the point!

I just posted a thread about input monitoring because an issue arose when I was following along with the book. As far as I know, previous versions of Logic allow you to monitor when a track is record-enabled, regardless if Logic is at a stop, playing back, or recording. Your book says the same thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's only during recording that I can hear it, unless I've also got the Input Monitoring button pressed.

You can get around this by deselecting the Input Monitoring for focused/record-enabled tracks only option in Preferences, but the book has a screenshot of your settings 4 pages before with that option on.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Hey I've noticed this too when going through this exercise. I had to have Input Monitoring enabled to monitor my signal when I was not recording.

Any clarification on this???

Also, David, on Lesson 3 at the end of the exercise, it says you can toggle Alignment guides on/off under the View menu in the workspace area, but I can't seem to find that menu item anywhere? :?:

Guess what I'll be doing New Years Day...

One glass of champagne as a reward for each lesson completed. You owe it to yourself. :lol: Enjoy!

You say that NOW, but wait until he's halfway through the book and decides to take a break and start seventeen goofy threads here about freaky deep thoughts... :lol:

@ Glenn F all of the media is new and therefore all of the exercises have been rewritten, however some of the concepts are the same (for example you record and edit audio pretty much the same way in LPX as you did in LP9, but the buttons may have changed names and the functions may be found under different menus now, for example you can choose the count-in by control-clicking the 123 button in the Control bar, which you couldn't in LP9). And a lot of the content is entirely new (Flex pitch, groove tracks, more score editor than in the previous book, Logic Remote, Smart Controls, Drummer, Drum Kit Designer, RetroSynth, etc etc....). So you'll be in familiar territory for some of the lessons, even if the exercises and the media used will be new, and you'll be discovering new things in some of the other lessons).

Thanks, David!

Ordered!

Yay, my book is here :D

What I find slightly crazy is that Amazon UK still say it will take 1-3 weeks for delivery, yet when I cancelled my original order, I reordered through the Amazon marketplace from a company which is owned by Amazon (I didn't know this at the time) and got the book quicker and cheaper than the original price :o