What style of music do you call this?

JGALIM

Thats a very nice club sound you have there. I guess it is on the dowtempo side of full on dance.

Nicely done though it could do with mastering. an easy do it yourself article for logic users is on the Sound on Sound website and I saved the setting given in that article and use those mostly for my own work.

I hope that article helps you like it did me.

( I am in no way associated with Sound on Sound) I am just a reader. The article need searching for.

Keep it up.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback with the tune!! Really appreciate it! Also thanks for the info on where to find mastering help, this is one area i've not done much research into as yet but need to!

Will check it out,

Thanks again,

Justin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I enjoy that snare/clap. Especially when you hit it with the Tape Delay.

zoomzoom is good ! ! !

thanx

Hey cheers dude! That clap was achieved by layering two exactly the same then automating the levels at the same time as altering the delay controls.

Played this in a club on Sat Night and people seemed to go mad! Nice:o)

• 3 weeks later...
maybe you could have used a different kick rather than the same one in all 4 tracks?

True I've been thinking that for a while but every time I try to make/find a new kick it never seems to sound as good to me as the one I've been using in those tunes.

Having said that though I'm just finishing off three new tunes which do have different kicks. The hardest thing for me about getting the right kick is making sure it comes out in the mix properly without being either to over powering or too weak and not giving the track enough umph if you know what I mean! Getting the kick right seems to be a very tricky business!!!

• 2 weeks later...