Question for Trent Reznor

calvin200001

ha ha ha.

Can't hurt to try, I guess.

What do you want to know? A couple friends of mine have worked extensively with this guy, one as a programmer, and one as a producer / mixer. Maybe I could pass some questions on to them?

Best, Marcel

I think he might check out the boards (I have absolutely no information that he does, but you would be surprised to know who checks out these boards! I know of pretty famous guys who are reading our discussions!).

However, usually I have noticed that in general celebrities don't post much if at all, mainly read, only once in a while for the most part (when they need some information), and will never email anyone or answer to emails, or reveal their identity in any shape or form.

But hey, it's cheap to try. And you always hear about success stories that started just like that. I mean the guy from Puddle of Mudd just gave a tape to Fred Durst at a live show, and the next thing you know he had billboard toppers, a few hits and a (short) career.

trust me david is 100% coorect i can name at least 5 grammy winners that come on this board on a daily basis ....in that circle with those type of people they will never reveal who they are ..who knows one could be posting now???????????????

I heard Trent was very approachable and an overall nice fella.

"I mean the guy from Puddle of Mudd just gave a tape to Fred Durst at a live show"

Puddle Of Mudd - :?

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

BTW - is everyone here mainly doin' the electronic thing? I was just curious if the forum had other rawker types like me self...

prog rocker here...but very far from being the pretentious rocker :D hehehehe...

I have a friend that works (worked? havent spoken in several months...so who knows...lol) with Mr Reznor. Says same thing- really cool guy, and can be very quiet at times.

O yeah, I rock too guys. I play bass for a shredding guitar player that's big in Japan (isn't that a song?). I'm also in a hard-rockin tribute band locally. I have yet to try recording that big live metal sound with Logic though. My writing is more geared towards fretless bass, classical guitar, percussion and mellower stuff like that.