Logic X Ableton Rewire not working. Help please.

I Am Legend

I have Logic Pro X and Ableton Live 9 rewired together, with Ableton as the slave.

I know they are rewired because when I press play in either one the tempos are synced and they both play and when I change the tempo in Logic the tempo in Ableton changes as well.

The problem here is that I can't hear anything out of Ableton. I can't even hear the metronome of Ableton.

I'm trying to use Ableton just for warping samples (basically as a sample plugin in Logic) while rewired in Logic, but I can't hear the sample though. When I hit play on the sample in the rewired Ableton I see movement in the channel strip however I can't hear anything.

Is there something that needs to be routed in order for me to hear it or something?

Please help, Thanks!

The problem here is that I can't hear anything out of Ableton. I can't even hear the metronome of Ableton.

You need to bring Live's audio into Logic via auxiliary channel strips in Logic's mixer. You'll be able to choose Rewire audio buses from the input slot of the aux channels:

1352848140_ScreenShot2014-01-13at11_16_19.png.7ba88275c605ff5c48d55d9d11cb74ba.png

Don't forget to assign your Live tracks' outputs to specific rewire buses.

J.

Archived