MainStage + M-Audio Oxygen 61

Zamza

HI there!

I got pretty stable live setup using Logic Pro and Oxygen 61 working in DirectLink mode. It has pre-assigned 8 Oxygen buttons and sliders to select Logic channels strips (pathces) and change the volume on each channel. To select the next 8 patches I just select new bank on Oxygen.

For some reasons I decided to migrate to MainStage and have the following problem.

I created a concert with several sets with 8 patches each. And I want to use my 8 Oxygen buttons and sliders to select patches and change volume within each set. But in fact I got these 8 buttons sending program change just in row through all the sets. For example when i press the first button to select patch one in the second set, it jumps over to the first patch in the first set. I messed around with the buttons trying to assign them on the concert level and on the set level, but i failed.

I read the manual several times and even bought two MainStage tutorials from MacProVideo.com, but I don't really like the Apple's concept to select patches and banks using next/prev set, next/prev patch, beacuse I constantly have to look on my MacBookPro screen during performance and I will override the patches. I need to select them with one button click like I do in Logic Pro via DirectLinkm.

Please help me, because I have a month left for my gig )

I even ready to pay some cash for pre-mapped concert solving my problem.

Thanks Max.

Hi

First you need to establish what messages your keyboard is sending, and how MS will respond.

With Program Change messages, MS will select a specific Patch per Program Change message (once you have assigned all the Patches to different Program Change messages via the Action menu in the Patch list). If you have 8 buttons on the keyboard set up to transmit specific Program Change messages per button, this would allow you to directly access only 8 Patches.

If the keyboard allows you to use a "Bank of buttons" button to switch to another 8 Program Change messages, you are good to go. Alternatively, as MS3 supports Bank Select messages, you could set up proper Bank Select buttons to switch to the Patches in a different Set.

CCT

Hi

First you need to establish what messages your keyboard is sending, and how MS will respond.

With Program Change messages, MS will select a specific Patch per Program Change message (once you have assigned all the Patches to different Program Change messages via the Action menu in the Patch list). If you have 8 buttons on the keyboard set up to transmit specific Program Change messages per button, this would allow you to directly access only 8 Patches.

If the keyboard allows you to use a "Bank of buttons" button to switch to another 8 Program Change messages, you are good to go. Alternatively, as MS3 supports Bank Select messages, you could set up proper Bank Select buttons to switch to the Patches in a different Set.

CCT

Thanks a lot! As far as I understood your concept the set select button should simultaneously send bank select message to select the bank. I will try this