m key, mute part, mutes the whole track [SOLVED]

mrlister

The key command to mute notes and regions in Logic 10 is Control-M.

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

J.

• 1 month later...

OMG is this stupid. Sorry but I don't get why Apple would screw w/ some things that just work.

If anything these commands should be reversed. There's already a "mute" button to mute the track.....control M would be a reasonable shortcut.....OR....if no region is selected then M would mute the entire track that is selected. Sure! But when you select a simple region you'd like to mute it was always so fast to hit M and Bob's your uncle. Hit M again to bring it back. Apple needs to have some people who actually use Logic involved in these decisions. I see no reasonable reason this was changed; not logical, Logic.

The same goes for turning ESC for the tool palette into T. Why? Because the legions of prosumers can't figure that out? It was always escape/escape for me to return to the pointer tool. Thats no big deal in terms of learning a new key but it was second nature. I'm sure I'm not the only one there.

The same goes for turning ESC for the tool palette into T. Why? Because the legions of prosumers can't figure that out? It was always escape/escape for me to return to the pointer tool. Thats no big deal in terms of learning a new key but it was second nature. I'm sure I'm not the only one there.

Escape takes you out of Full Screen mode in most (all?) Apple apps, so that's probably why it got ditched for something that actually makes sense.

J.